Galaxy GTX 560 GC Non TI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike20_14

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
so i got this card along with my new build(Galaxy GTX 560 GC Non TI) and i tested it on a neighbour's old crt monitor 1280x1024 on Ghost Recon Advanced WarFighter 2 anyway the least i got with fraps on to check fps like 37 thats when explosions happen and all those physx stuff the max i got with fraps is like 170 in a very small area so is this ok for this GPU

Solution
Some advice:

1) 60FPS and VSYNC
VSYNC means that the computer updates the screen at the same time as the monitor does to avoid screen tearing (like ripping a picture quickly as you turn).

A flatscreen is usually 60Hz so you want to ideally tweak settings so your system mostly runs above 60FPS so it can synch with the monitor.

A CRT monitor needs at least 75Hz to avoid the flicker effect.

2) Some games look fine without VSYNC enabled and some look horrible.

3) PHYSX lowers your frame rate. If you can't get 60FPS (or higher for CRT monitor) then I'd lower PhysX or even turn it OFF. Basically with PhysX you are forced to choose between the PhysX effects of lowering other graphics settings unless you have a card powerful enough that...

Mike20_14

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

yea but thats on low res compared 2 what ima be using 1920x1080 and im planing 2 play games like Battlefield 3 at a bit lower res so i cud max it and battlefield 2 bad company at max res 1920x1080 well its only 120 fps in kind of small areas or maybe normal ones i was getting below 100 invery large area between 2 hills and alot of details

Mike20_14

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
aight so i made another 2 tests in 2nd mission which is in a quarry 1st test i had very high fps up 2 210 fps 2nd test got from 103 to like 197 fps well i think cos this time the gpu was handling physx not the processor btw which 1 should i assign for physx processor core i5-2400 or gpu

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Thats good FPS, anything above 60+ on a regular monitor is great but if it dips below 30 fps in some areas then ya got to worry. If your really interested in getting higher FPS overclock, or buy a better graphics card like sli or something.

Some advice:

1) 60FPS and VSYNC
VSYNC means that the computer updates the screen at the same time as the monitor does to avoid screen tearing (like ripping a picture quickly as you turn).

A flatscreen is usually 60Hz so you want to ideally tweak settings so your system mostly runs above 60FPS so it can synch with the monitor.

A CRT monitor needs at least 75Hz to avoid the flicker effect.

2) Some games look fine without VSYNC enabled and some look horrible.

3) PHYSX lowers your frame rate. If you can't get 60FPS (or higher for CRT monitor) then I'd lower PhysX or even turn it OFF. Basically with PhysX you are forced to choose between the PhysX effects of lowering other graphics settings unless you have a card powerful enough that you can have BOTH (you don't).

(It's also stupid that the CPU, which is capable of doing PhysX is left unused while the graphics card which NVidia claims is more "efficient" at PhysX lowers your frame rate to do PhysX. My CPU has about 75% of its processing left unused.)

Summary:
You have a fairly nice gaming setup. You will need to learn a little bit more to get the best experience, specifically:
1) VSYNC
2) tweaking AA, Shadows for best quality vs frame rate
3) PhysX (yes or no?)

Again, I personally like, if possible, to get my game synched to 60FPS (VSYNC ON) with my flatscreen monitor. I'll adjust Anti-Aliasing, Anamorphic, and Shadows to do this because I prefer a higher, synched frame rate to slightly better graphics but stuttering and screen tearing.

Solution

Mike20_14

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011

tnx alot 4 ur advice anyway i started this thread cos i have doubts that my gpu is performing as it is supposed to be so anyway i made 1 last test with fraps
Ghost Recon Advanced warfighter2
2nd mission in a quarry
Settings:1280x1024
Refresh Rate:60
Enviroment Detail:1.0 (max)
PhysX:physX Extreme
Texture Quality:High
Texture Filtering:AnisoTropic 16x
Effects Quality:High
Dynamic Shadows:High
Dynamic Lights:Enabled
PostEffects:High
AntiAliasing:EdgeSmoothing
FPS:107-155
didn know if cpu or gpu was handling graphics btw the old driver used 2 show it but i finished downloading latest driver b4 testing

Status
Not open for further replies.