Unable to load OS or Drivers... ASrock A55M

57vroom

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Ok, I feel like a real dummy here and wonder if someone would be able to help....

I just put together all the parts for my new AMD A6 build using an ASRock A55M-HVS motherboard. When I power it up, everything turns on, monitor gets a signal, mouse & keyboard work.

If I allow it to fully boot it prompts to install the boot disc, and if I put in the ASRock driver disc it prompts to partition the HDD as WinXP set up but no option for Win7 which is what I want. If I select EXIT, it prompts me to reboot with the reboot disc installed, but the system will not accept the Win7 program disk or the Win7 loader/ validation disk and keeps prompting me to install the proper disc. If I try to format as WinXP it still will not do anything.

I have followed the motherboard manual and entered the UEFI screen and set my SATA storage configuration to IDE mode since I am not using NCQ and Hot Plug, to no avail. I have tried setting it to AHCI and still no progress.

Both my HDD and my DVD drive are recognized, and I have even changed the boot order to DVD and still nothing.

What am I missing??? :cry:

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010

I'm confused. Are you using the ASRock driver disk to format the hard drive? I've NEVER done that on three computer builds I've done. In fact, I don't even touch the motherboard disk. If anything, I just pop in the original Windows 7 disk and it formats from there. Then again, I don't own an ASRock mobo. Is that what your doing? Please clarify.

If you require drivers for the windows 7 disk to detect your hard drive, then those can typically be downloaded on a flash drive off ASRock's website: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.asp?Model=A55M-HVS&o=Win7. You should only require the RAID controller driver if your setting up RAID. Then, when installing Windows 7, you can load that driver during the hard drive formating stage of the install.