Best basic Bluetooth phone ??

Last response: in Technologies
Share
December 17, 2004 9:20:40 AM

I don't really need a cam phone. I don't even really need a color screen. I
don't expect to do much text messaging. I don't need the latest model of
bluetooth phone ....

However, I would like to be able to easily transfer addresses and tel.
numbers between the phone and Outlook 2000 on my bluetooth equipped Dell
laptop.

What makes, models come to mind?

Thanks !

-RS-

More about : basic bluetooth phone

Anonymous
December 17, 2004 9:15:04 PM

> What makes, models come to mind?
Hi,

- Ericsson R520m
- Philips FISIO 825 pack (with headset and pcmcia).

Bye.

--
Alain. www.algames.info
Anonymous

I'll 'second' the suggestion for the Ericsson R520M. I've had mine for
quite a while, periodically look into updating it, and can't find
anything that's not cluttered with 'features' I don't need. The 'Phone
Book Manager' software works beautifully with either bluetooth or serial
connection in linking Outlook with the phone and doing just what you
said you needed.
--
HTH - Fred

"Algames" <algames@algames.info> wrote in message
>> What makes, models come to mind?
> Hi,
>
> - Ericsson R520m
> - Philips FISIO 825 pack (with headset and pcmcia).
>
> Bye.
> --
> Alain. www.algames.info

December 17, 2004 11:01:35 PM

One of the review web pages had someone saying that the "processor" was slow
on the Ericsson R520m. How does this affect use in real-world terms?

-RS-

"FredP" <fpouy@*NOSPAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'll 'second' the suggestion for the Ericsson R520M. I've had mine for
> quite a while, periodically look into updating it, and can't find anything
> that's not cluttered with 'features' I don't need. The 'Phone Book
> Manager' software works beautifully with either bluetooth or serial
> connection in linking Outlook with the phone and doing just what you said
> you needed.
> --
> HTH - Fred
>
> "Algames" <algames@algames.info> wrote in message
>>> What makes, models come to mind?
>> Hi,
>>
>> - Ericsson R520m
>> - Philips FISIO 825 pack (with headset and pcmcia).
>>
>> Bye.
>> --
>> Alain. www.algames.info

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 1:35:39 AM

Does anyone have experience with the Motorola Timeport 270C ? How good is
its Bluetooth and other functions?

Do these bluetooth phones require special software to move phone numbers
etc. from Outlook ?

-RS-

"-RS-" <jf_reneX@Xhotmail.com> wrote in message
> One of the review web pages had someone saying that the "processor" was
> slow on the Ericsson R520m. How does this affect use in real-world terms?
>
> -RS-
>
> "FredP" <fpouy@*NOSPAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'll 'second' the suggestion for the Ericsson R520M. I've had mine for
>> quite a while, periodically look into updating it, and can't find
>> anything that's not cluttered with 'features' I don't need. The 'Phone
>> Book Manager' software works beautifully with either bluetooth or serial
>> connection in linking Outlook with the phone and doing just what you said
>> you needed.
>> --
>> HTH - Fred
>>
>> "Algames" <algames@algames.info> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> - Ericsson R520m
>>> - Philips FISIO 825 pack (with headset and pcmcia).
>>>
>>> Bye.
>>> --
>>> Alain. www.algames.info

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 9:05:59 AM

I find it fine for 'real world' use. When synchronizing Outlook
Contacts, Appointments & Tasks, it seems to do that quite smoothly using
a 'quick synch' mode for minimal changes. A 'slow synch' for larger
changes is noticebly slower. Changes to Profiles and other phone
settings goes fairly quickly.

If, however, you use the phone modem as a dialup for your laptop, it
will drive you nuts ... 9.6 kbs. It's a bit 'clunky' compared to the
newest phones and the protruding antenna keeps catching on your pocket
.... but it's quite inexpensive, as it's now 'old' technology.
--
HTH - Fred

-RS- wrote:
> One of the review web pages had someone saying that the "processor"
> was slow on the Ericsson R520m. How does this affect use in
> real-world terms?
> -RS-
>
> "FredP" <fpouy@*NOSPAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'll 'second' the suggestion for the Ericsson R520M. I've had mine
>> for quite a while, periodically look into updating it, and can't
>> find anything that's not cluttered with 'features' I don't need. The
>> 'Phone Book Manager' software works beautifully with either
>> bluetooth or serial connection in linking Outlook with the phone and
>> doing just what you said you needed.
>> --
>> HTH - Fred
>>
>> "Algames" <algames@algames.info> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> - Ericsson R520m
>>> - Philips FISIO 825 pack (with headset and pcmcia).
>>>
>>> Bye.
>>> --
>>> Alain. www.algames.info
December 18, 2004 7:27:08 PM

Thanks,

And the software needed on the PC to do this syncing .... did it come on
disk with the Ericsson R520m ... and is it available for downloading now, or
is a purchase necessary?

> I find it fine for 'real world' use. When synchronizing Outlook
> Contacts, Appointments & Tasks, it seems to do that quite smoothly using
> a 'quick synch' mode for minimal changes. A 'slow synch' for larger
> changes is noticebly slower. Changes to Profiles and other phone
> settings goes fairly quickly.
>
> If, however, you use the phone modem as a dialup for your laptop, it
> will drive you nuts ... 9.6 kbs. It's a bit 'clunky' compared to the
> newest phones and the protruding antenna keeps catching on your pocket
> ... but it's quite inexpensive, as it's now 'old' technology.
> --
> HTH - Fred
>
> -RS- wrote:
> > One of the review web pages had someone saying that the "processor"
> > was slow on the Ericsson R520m. How does this affect use in
> > real-world terms?
> > -RS-
> >
> > "FredP" <fpouy@*NOSPAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I'll 'second' the suggestion for the Ericsson R520M. I've had mine
> >> for quite a while, periodically look into updating it, and can't
> >> find anything that's not cluttered with 'features' I don't need. The
> >> 'Phone Book Manager' software works beautifully with either
> >> bluetooth or serial connection in linking Outlook with the phone and
> >> doing just what you said you needed.
> >> --
> >> HTH - Fred
> >>
> >> "Algames" <algames@algames.info> wrote in message

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 11:22:51 PM

It's on the CD and also available as a free download from SonyEricsson
at: http://tinyurl.com/4l99j
--
HTH - Fred

RS wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> And the software needed on the PC to do this syncing .... did it come
> on disk with the Ericsson R520m ... and is it available for
> downloading now, or is a purchase necessary?
>
> -RS-
>
> "FredP" <fpouy@*NOSPAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I find it fine for 'real world' use. When synchronizing Outlook
>> Contacts, Appointments & Tasks, it seems to do that quite smoothly
>> using a 'quick synch' mode for minimal changes. A 'slow synch' for
>> larger changes is noticebly slower. Changes to Profiles and other
>> phone settings goes fairly quickly.
>>
>> If, however, you use the phone modem as a dialup for your laptop, it
>> will drive you nuts ... 9.6 kbs. It's a bit 'clunky' compared to the
>> newest phones and the protruding antenna keeps catching on your
>> pocket ... but it's quite inexpensive, as it's now 'old' technology.
>> --
>> HTH - Fred
>>
>> -RS- wrote:
>>> One of the review web pages had someone saying that the "processor"
>>> was slow on the Ericsson R520m. How does this affect use in
>>> real-world terms?
>>> -RS-
>>>
>>> "FredP" <fpouy@*NOSPAM*hotmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 11:33:34 PM

Oops ... that was the wrong link (R520mc), the correct link to the R520m
is: http://tinyurl.com/29py4
--
HTH - Fred

FredP wrote:
> It's on the CD and also available as a free download from SonyEricsson
> at: http://tinyurl.com/4l99j

Anonymous
December 20, 2004 11:36:58 AM

RS wrote:
> What makes, models come to mind?
>
> Thanks !
>
> -RS-

Do not touch the Motorola T270 or Philips 825, they are some of the
worst Bluetooth devices known.
The Sony Ericsson T68i or Nokia 6310i are good devices.

pzboyz
December 20, 2004 10:30:52 PM

Those are very recent models, are they not? I see the Sony did not have a
good rating at one review site I found.

I guess I should expand my search to include modern phones. I just want to
get something that does not have too many superfluous features (like a cam
.... i have a "credit card" size pocket Casio Exilim S2 that takes decent
impromptu shots ! ;-) ... so I don't need a cam.

Mainly I want to be able to send Outlook tel. no.'s back and forth via
bluetooth to my Dell Inspiron notebook ... and I guess if the phone can
function as a half-decent wireless modem, it would be a feature I might use
in a pinch to see a webpage ... if I was far away from wired lines.

-RS-

"pzboyz" <pzboyz@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> RS wrote:
> > What makes, models come to mind?
> >
> > Thanks !
> >
> > -RS-
>
> Do not touch the Motorola T270 or Philips 825, they are some of the
> worst Bluetooth devices known.
> The Sony Ericsson T68i or Nokia 6310i are good devices.
>
> pzboyz

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 7:52:07 AM

RS wrote:
> Those are very recent models, are they not? I see the Sony did not
have a
> good rating at one review site I found.

No they are maybe 2 years old now, these are the first good devices
from either company. They maybe *new* to the US market though.

If the T68i has software R8A (or better) then it will work well.

If the 6310i has software 5.50 (or better) then it will work well.
pzboyz
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 4:08:29 PM

Ericsson T39m ... have used it without any problems, for a couple of years;
modem usage and sync via Bluetooth USB dongles. iSync works fine; Larry.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 11:45:58 PM

> The Sony Ericsson T68i or Nokia 6310i are good devices.

I have just resold my new Siemens SX1 of which I did not have really the
use, do you know other models bluetooth of excellent quality in emission and
reception, with an autonomy record, good market and without known problem,
the principal function remaining to telephone ?

--
Alain. www.algames.info
!