Sign in with
Your question

ICS isn't working (internet connection sharing)

Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
July 7, 2001 1:08:01 AM

I set up a home network for a co-worker using phoneline NIC's which work fine. ICS ran great. Cox Communications came out because the nic that connects to the cable modem went bad. They replaced it with a D-link NIC (original was a Shoho piece of crap). Anyway, it blew the ICS away. I can view files to/from other computers just fine, but I can't get it to share the internet connection for the life of me. I've installed the ICS program from the floppy a thousand times. I have a WinME and two Win98 machines. The cable modem is being shared from a Win98 machine. Any suggestions?

Again, I can view files on other computers just fine, but no internet sharing.

Help!

Thanks,
Eric
July 9, 2001 12:55:48 PM

Ive never had much luck with ICS, you could try using a proxy such as the one at www.analogx.com (think thats spelt right, cant check as im @ work), may be analoguex.com, That one is free and works fine nfor most apps, doesnt work with icq though or msn gaming zone, Im sure there are other similar ones, I use analogx as its free and very easy to setup. Its only a very small download so may be worth looking at- even if its only till you find something better if you need icq etc on the client pc's

Next time you wave - use all your fingers
!