How do I make passport photos with photoshop (6.0?)

Last response: in Digital Camera
April 16, 2005 1:48:09 PM

What is the easiest way to make photos 2" x 2" border and facre height
/ width within 1" to 1 3/8"? Seems like there would be online
guidelines for this but I don't see any as of yet.

Thanks
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 10:35:41 PM

josh00@comcast.net wrote:

> What is the easiest way to make photos 2" x 2" border and facre height
> / width within 1" to 1 3/8"? Seems like there would be online
> guidelines for this but I don't see any as of yet.
>
> Thanks

Measure the face in the file, use a calculator to determine the resizing
coefficient to get it to 1-3/16, resize, then make a fixed dimension 2x2
inch marquee to cut it out.

Keep in mind that the State Dept's passport photo specs and the INS's new
'Homeland Security' specs don't match up any more. Glasses are required,
if normally worn, for passports and forbidden in INS photos. No earrings
in INS photos. No smiling in passport pics, smiling OK for INS. INS has a
far bigger and sharper stick up their butt when it comes to deviating
from these rules than State does.

INS used to have the same requirements as State. They have the gall to
claim that they changed them to make it 'easier'.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 4:30:36 PM

Open photoshop, then hit F1 (opens the on board help file), select "Index",
select "P" and scroll down to "Picture Package Command" then go to
"Customising layouts", have a read.

!