Bios and Hardware

HartTheDeer

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Well...I have a HP Pavilion dv6-7029wm and the connector to the bios battery broke off when i gently tried to disconnect the batery so i could put new thermal past on the APU. Right now there is no way i can reconnect it. But it would seem the laptops battery is saving all the bios information. If i pull out the main battery the clock will be reset. It is bugging me so much...but i dont want to risk harming the motherboard by melting it back on. Is it ok with the bios battery disconnected? Will it affect my computers gaming performance? It is detecting all its hardware on Boot and is having no issues its just bugging me

Solution
I don't think a buggy BIOS will affect your gaming performance pretty much, because inside the ROM the only thing that needs the power is the CMOS memory which contains only basic info like time and date, the important stuff is in a non volatile part :)

darknesblaze

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
I don't think a buggy BIOS will affect your gaming performance pretty much, because inside the ROM the only thing that needs the power is the CMOS memory which contains only basic info like time and date, the important stuff is in a non volatile part :)

Solution