Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Bios and Hardware

Last response: in Motherboards
November 28, 2012 10:50:35 PM

Well...I have a HP Pavilion dv6-7029wm and the connector to the bios battery broke off when i gently tried to disconnect the batery so i could put new thermal past on the APU. Right now there is no way i can reconnect it. But it would seem the laptops battery is saving all the bios information. If i pull out the main battery the clock will be reset. It is bugging me so much...but i dont want to risk harming the motherboard by melting it back on. Is it ok with the bios battery disconnected? Will it affect my computers gaming performance? It is detecting all its hardware on Boot and is having no issues its just bugging me

More about : bios hardware

a c 155 V Motherboard
November 29, 2012 12:08:02 AM

no bios battery on the motherboard and the system will not keep time and boot correctly
m
l
November 29, 2012 1:16:37 AM

didnt you read it all? it keeps time and boots properly
m
l
Related resources
November 29, 2012 7:15:44 PM

scout_03 said:
no bios battery on the motherboard and the system will not keep time and boot correctly

cant you read dumbass?
m
l

Best solution

November 29, 2012 8:13:10 PM

I don't think a buggy BIOS will affect your gaming performance pretty much, because inside the ROM the only thing that needs the power is the CMOS memory which contains only basic info like time and date, the important stuff is in a non volatile part :) 
November 30, 2012 11:12:16 AM

Best answer selected by HartTheDeer.
m
l
!