Sign in with
Your question

Need some GPU advice for a new build

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2011 4:22:10 PM

So Ive decided to replace my nearly 6 year old system with a 2500k build in a couple of months, and after looking at the recent GPU stagnation and how the next gen cards are supposed to break that, Ive decided to wait for the new cards early next year instead of spending on a 580 or something similar.

My question is, should I just keep rocking my 8800GTX in my new rig, or spend a bit on a newer budget card. Im not quite sure if a 150 price range up to date card would be higher performance than the 8800GTX, or would it? Keep in mind the 8800GTX was a milestone card and can run crysis max @30fps, So for those who dont know cards that far back, dont just think its old = anything would be better.

Thanks for any suggestions.
---

More about : gpu advice build

a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2011 6:20:10 PM

yep i would say stick with your current card and see what AMD have to offer with their new lineup, and anyway why upgrade your graphics card if its not needing an upgrade?
m
l
August 29, 2011 9:15:46 PM

Turns out ill be giving my old pc away after the upgrade, so ill definitely need to pick up a budget card. I figured id just get the 6850. Its a low price and should better my old 8800GTX. Unless anyone has any other suggestions, this will probably hold me over until the next gen cards.
m
l
Related resources
!