Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Anyone have the new MSI mPower z77 motherboards?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 28, 2012 11:26:35 PM

Soooo, I found out my less than year old Asus board has to me RMA'd which doesnt make me happy. I'm borderline OCD and I can't be without my gaming system for weeks lol. I was thinking of buying another MB and when the Asus board comes back...use it as a backup in case this happens again! I the i7-3770k so I won't be upgrading for a while anyway. Making a long story short, I see these new MSI z77 mPower motherboards with slick designs and layout. I see a specific brand of RAM is made for the board and it's not one of the big guys yet they are getting good reviews. This RAM company I heard is small; i like to help out the little guys. I love MSI's video cards (got a twin frozr IV 570GTX PE edition) and I was watching the videos posted and some reviews, people like the "frozr design" on this mobo and it's getting good reviews. The mPower is the same price as the Asus z77 board but I noticed a lot are getting RMA'd.

Anyone have the mPower board? Any good?
December 3, 2012 7:05:01 PM

love the board, I just got it I tried to over clock it only got it to 4.2 using there oc2 button. it has to do with the type of memory and how many sticks u have, I only have 8 gig of memory. if you get the board you will be happy.
m
0
l
December 3, 2012 9:04:07 PM

edify said:
love the board, I just got it I tried to over clock it only got it to 4.2 using there oc2 button. it has to do with the type of memory and how many sticks u have, I only have 8 gig of memory. if you get the board you will be happy.



Nice! Thank you! I was happy to see that the $10 rebate is extended until 12/31. What RAM are you using? I was looking at Avexir but part of me has reservations. I'm leaning towards Ballistix tactical tracers...either 16GB or 32GB.


Odd, none of the ballistix are on the supported list. Do you know of a recent list?
m
0
l
Related resources
December 4, 2012 11:46:44 PM

Those are all good memory sticks, I have the Gskill only have 8 Gig they came with the motherboard thru Newegg. I am going o try them out for a few months, if I like the way work I will get the other 8 Gigs.
m
0
l
December 5, 2012 1:32:48 AM

edify said:
Those are all good memory sticks, I have the Gskill only have 8 Gig they came with the motherboard thru Newegg. I am going o try them out for a few months, if I like the way work I will get the other 8 Gigs.



Thanks for the update. If you can, please let me know how the board is. I'm probably going to buy it next week. I was going to buy it in 2 weeks but thought the delivery will be crazy then.
m
0
l
December 9, 2012 8:25:17 PM

Did you get the board? I am loving my board, just having fun over clocking it I got it to 4.9 using 12 GIG of the Gskill Ram. Remember this board don't have lots of bell and whistles like other boards in the same price range. You just have to think most of the stuff they left out on this board you really don't need or use. If you like the play games this is the board for you.
m
0
l
December 9, 2012 8:29:20 PM

this is my set up I have tc storm trooper for the case tc extreme water cooler, asus gtx 570 I have that over clocked, 12 gig memory you don't need more the 8. power supply corsair hx 750win 8 and wd hd 2t.
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 2:42:44 PM

edify said:
Did you get the board? I am loving my board, just having fun over clocking it I got it to 4.9 using 12 GIG of the Gskill Ram. Remember this board don't have lots of bell and whistles like other boards in the same price range. You just have to think most of the stuff they left out on this board you really don't need or use. If you like the play games this is the board for you.



Yes, I did get the board. I'm awaiting my other parts. I can't wait. I added the WD 500gb SATA III Velociraptor, 16GB Ballistix Tracers and the Phoebus Sound Card. Im going to wait for new AMD/Nvidia Video cards. I have the 570GTX but with MSI (Twin Frozr Pe/oC edition)
m
0
l
December 10, 2012 5:49:33 PM

mikeny said:
Yes, I did get the board. I'm awaiting my other parts. I can't wait. I added the WD 500gb SATA III Velociraptor, 16GB Ballistix Tracers and the Phoebus Sound Card. Im going to wait for new AMD/Nvidia Video cards. I have the 570GTX but with MSI (Twin Frozr Pe/oC edition)







the gtx 570 is still a good card you can overclock it LOTS and it will run stable. remember if your going to over clock your mother board make sure you have a good cpu cooler.
m
0
l
December 12, 2012 11:57:39 AM

edify said:
the gtx 570 is still a good card you can overclock it LOTS and it will run stable. remember if your going to over clock your mother board make sure you have a good cpu cooler.



i've got the King of Coolers...CM Hyper 212+ but I will replace it with the EVO.
m
0
l
!