Sign in with
Your question

Blue STOP screen as soon as windows is about to load !

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2011 5:52:48 PM

I assembled i3-2100 and Intel board DH67BL.

I am having BenQ Fp783 LCD monitor and I connected DVI-D cable from it to DVI-I output in mobo.

I have connected harddisk with win xp installed (not sure if having SP) from my previos system.

When I started the system, Intel logo is coming properly and also BIOS screen. But when it shows options like "Safe mode, Start windows normally etc... " and I selected "Start Windows normally" , and when Windows is about to start after boot option, a blue screen and system getting restarted.

So I tried starting in safe mode, And few drivers got loaded and then a blue screen showing the following,

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time........
If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
Try changing video adapters.

Technical information:
STOP: 0x0000007E
pci.sys - Address F75xxxxxx base at xxxxx

Please help ! Thanks

More about : blue stop screen windows load

a c 162 U Graphics card
August 29, 2011 6:54:14 PM

Usually, when moving a hard drive from an old system to a new one, you have to re-install Windows. Your system is probably blue screening because it's looking for the old motherboard.

-Wolf sends
m
l
August 29, 2011 7:16:26 PM

I tried to re-install Win xp and after setup finished loading files, it said Windows is starting... Again blue screen came... Maybe I need to install with SP ?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2011 8:09:28 PM

You shouldn't need to install it with the Service Pack. If you've formatted it completely and then tried reinstalling Windows, it should work just fine.
m
l
August 29, 2011 8:18:53 PM

Seems your previous system used a differant platform(chipset,etc)You should reinstall your OS,as stated above.
m
l
August 29, 2011 10:18:40 PM

The problem is the OS the H67 is a sandy bridge system.
they have all pretty much switched to the UEFI BIOS.
Windows XP can not run on UEFI natively for windows only Vista or 7 will work.
it's a simple compatibility issue the hardware is too new for the OS.
m
l
February 27, 2012 10:44:29 AM

madtech01 said:
The problem is the OS the H67 is a sandy bridge system.
they have all pretty much switched to the UEFI BIOS.
Windows XP can not run on UEFI natively for windows only Vista or 7 will work.
it's a simple compatibility issue the hardware is too new for the OS.

Have seen your reply above. Am also having similar probems installing XP on a Sandybridge system - but motherboard (Gigabyte P67a-UD4-B3) says it will run XP.
Can XP run on this system or not?
m
l
!