Making Samsung SSD840 work with GA-Z77X-D3H

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Samsung SSD
  • Gigabyte
  • Samsung
Last response: in Motherboards
November 29, 2012 12:04:23 AM

I just purchased a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H. I have also just attached a Samsung SSD 840 Series however I can't make it work, I have updated all of the drivers for the Mobo and even updated the Bios to the f16 version. Thank you anyone who can help me.

More about : making samsung ssd840 work z77x d3h

a c 232 V Motherboard
a b Ô Samsung
November 29, 2012 12:46:20 AM

What do you mean when you say " I have also just attached a Samsung SSD 840 Series however I can't make it work, I have updated all of the drivers for the Mobo and even updated the Bios to the f16 version."?

Are you trying to install Windows to the SSD? What are you trying to do? Please clarify.
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:56:17 AM

At this point I am just trying to make it a secondary drive so that I can clone my original disc to the ssd.
m
l
Related resources
a c 232 V Motherboard
a b Ô Samsung
November 29, 2012 2:04:34 AM

What app are you using to clone the drive? Keep in mind that the SSD does not have a filesystem on it when you first install it. Does the SSD show up in Disk Management?
m
l
November 29, 2012 2:20:10 AM

No that's the problem, I doesn't show up in the bios or computer management, I updated the bios to latest release as well.
m
l

Best solution

a c 232 V Motherboard
a b Ô Samsung
November 29, 2012 2:24:45 AM

Double check both your SATA and power connections to ensure they are firmly attached. Also, make sure all of your SATA ports are enabled in your BIOS and that the drivers are loaded for all SATA ports in Windows (many mobos will use Intel or AMD SATA controller ports and Marvell SATA controller ports, each using different drivers). Your mobo has both Intel and Marvell ports.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
November 30, 2012 12:24:05 AM

I swear I checked all my connections but it would appear that the power to my Drive was unplugged. Man that is awesome and stinks, because I spent about 3hrs working on this before I even came to this site to ask questions. I should know better, lvl 1 stuff. Well thank you for reminding me of the basics. COLGeek, you shorted my headache considerably.
m
l
a c 232 V Motherboard
a b Ô Samsung
November 30, 2012 2:25:47 PM

Glad to help. Don't sweat the small stuff, we have all "been there, done that".

Have fun!!!
m
l
December 9, 2012 10:55:28 PM

Best answer selected by JeffryLebowski.
m
l
!