Acer x1200 will only work in safe mode after factory resetting

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
hi i am tryig to restore an acer x1200 back to factory settings(thought someone was in my sons computer if you know what i mean). it will not boot into regular vista mode i can get into safe mode which i am in now. problem is it got through the install part and it said to restart so i did. then it rebooted and goes to the normal vista screen and says something about initializing windows 0x0321 please wait while windows finishs restoring data this may take several mins. please be patient. but it does nothing just sits there and theres an ok button at bottom of screen. if i dont hit ok with a min it shuts down and reboots, if i hit ok it pops up the log in screen where theres 2 users (user) and (recover) if i hit (user) it says welcome then reboots, if i hit the (recover) one it ask for a password to log in which i dont know. what do i do please help me.

"i am tryig to restore an acer x1200 back to factory settings"

Does ACER have a hidden partition you boot to get back to factory image ? Or are you trying a clean load of VISTA. If a clean load follow the instructions on the ACER support page to laod the right drivers. If you are booting off the hidden partition then you should ahve wiped out all passwords, etc. Check with ACER. You may be able to order a new set of recovery media.