• New Build
  • Keyboard Problems
  • Monitors
  • Keyboards
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
October 27, 2011 4:53:18 PM

Hey,
I have just finished building my first computer, and everything went fairly smoothly, well until now. The monitor gives the message "no keyboard detected" and then shuts down. I plug in a keyboard (USB), and the monitor doesn't turn off which is good, but any keys I press on the keyboard do not do anything, and the caps, num and scroll lock lights do not turn on. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :D 

More about : keyboard problems boot

October 27, 2011 5:43:00 PM

Try another usb port, and if its a brand new keyboard, it could be doa.
October 27, 2011 5:43:42 PM

Also, the usb cable on the keyboard wont work in a USB 3.0 port, make sure its 2.0 port you plug into...
Related resources
October 27, 2011 5:45:40 PM

OK thanks but know I have a new problem. I get the beep when I turn on the pc, but then straight away it goes to the "no input signal" screen. This process repeats over and over again
October 27, 2011 5:48:04 PM

Try another gpu output, and see what happens. Something is funky with this picture though.
October 27, 2011 6:45:49 PM

Ok guys, the problem has now evolved, and now I don't even get a beep when I turn on, Just spinning fans. What am I doing wrong? :( 
October 28, 2011 10:57:03 AM

nothing...What case and what psu do you own. Make, model, specs...all the goodies please!
!