Keyboard problems on first boot

Hey,
I have just finished building my first computer, and everything went fairly smoothly, well until now. The monitor gives the message "no keyboard detected" and then shuts down. I plug in a keyboard (USB), and the monitor doesn't turn off which is good, but any keys I press on the keyboard do not do anything, and the caps, num and scroll lock lights do not turn on. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :D
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard problems boot
  1. Try another usb port, and if its a brand new keyboard, it could be doa.
  2. Also, the usb cable on the keyboard wont work in a USB 3.0 port, make sure its 2.0 port you plug into...
  3. OK thanks but know I have a new problem. I get the beep when I turn on the pc, but then straight away it goes to the "no input signal" screen. This process repeats over and over again
  4. Try another gpu output, and see what happens. Something is funky with this picture though.
  5. Ok guys, the problem has now evolved, and now I don't even get a beep when I turn on, Just spinning fans. What am I doing wrong? :(
  6. nothing...What case and what psu do you own. Make, model, specs...all the goodies please!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Keyboard Problems Monitors Keyboards Systems