Need Advice Gigabyte GTX 570 or the Asus GTX 570 DCII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokingpants

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Hello,

I just put together a new PC, i5 2500k, 16gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance and 750W Antec Pro gamer power supply. I am wanting to get a new video card in about 2 weeks $400 budget. I am wanting to run games like MW3, Battlefield 3 and later Diablo 3. Running WOW for now. I have the NZXT Phantom with stock fans.

Solution
^
No.

I advize against this.

Get the single 570. It's a beast card. You should always go budget on a single card, so next year when your funds are back you can get another and SLI THOSE.

Plus your PSU couldn't run dual 560's. Extra heat = no good anyways.

Just get the 570 with the highest clock speeds and best warrenty and have fun!

Smokingpants

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
Thank you Legend Killer, it looks like the HIS 6970 has been discontinued though. I am leaning more to the ASUS 570 DCII but i just cant tell myself which is the better one. I know i sound like a noob, but just trying to find the best GTX 570 for my rig and i am just going dizzy looking for the right one.

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Well are you planning to overclock? Are you planning on running SLI in the future?

If you don't want to overclock, I would find the highest factory overclocked card and go with that. At your $400 budget, you can get the best 570 without a problem.

If you are planning on SLI in the future, I would suggest not getting the asus DCII card, for it is a 3 slot card that will make it very difficult to SLI unless you have the right motherboard and the right computer case. I actually have this card and LOVE it. It is very very quiet and you can overclock the hell out of it without much issue.

BUT. If you want to get the most out of your system right now, I would get dual gtx 560ti's. After rebates, you can get them under $200 a piece and run SLI that can match and beat any single gpu card right now. It will smoke a 580 and will last you a long time, but once again, you need to have a decent mobo and cooling in you case to be able to pull it off.

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
^
No.

I advize against this.

Get the single 570. It's a beast card. You should always go budget on a single card, so next year when your funds are back you can get another and SLI THOSE.

Plus your PSU couldn't run dual 560's. Extra heat = no good anyways.

Just get the 570 with the highest clock speeds and best warrenty and have fun!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.