MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

da305kratos

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
First, thanks in advance for any posts you make! :)

Note this is the non ti version...

Not long ago I ended up buying the stated card above for $180...now to the questions...

Is it a bad idea to save multiple profiles in MSI Afterburner that change the voltage of the card? For example, startup uses stock, then when I game I use profile 2 which overclocks the card and increases the voltage? is that switching back and forth of voltage a bad thing? Would keeping it at the overclocked profile be the better option?

Also, is there a rule of thumb or basic rule to follow as to how much to increase the voltage as you overclock?

I have been able to overclock my card to running at 940 core, 1880 shader clock, 2100 on Mem clock on stoch voltage, which has given me a ~4 fps boost and would like to push it further...

and FYI to anyone who has considered this card, i have been happy with it...at those settings above I play Crysis 2 DX11 w/ high res textures and rarely ever go below 30, usually 30-40...im sure a further push would help

Solution
Switching the voltage back and forth isn't bad in itself, but you want to make sure that you're stable at whatever voltage/clock combo you're using. There is no rule of thumb for how much voltage to give an overclock, other than that you want to push it to the max at stock, then up the voltage when you can't go further and remain stable. Rinse, repeat.

cuecuemore

Distinguished
Switching the voltage back and forth isn't bad in itself, but you want to make sure that you're stable at whatever voltage/clock combo you're using. There is no rule of thumb for how much voltage to give an overclock, other than that you want to push it to the max at stock, then up the voltage when you can't go further and remain stable. Rinse, repeat.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts