CPU Temperature reading too high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

876Fearless

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Hello,

For some reason in BIOS my CPU temperature is idle at around 35, and in HWMonitor it is 80-85. My HWMonitor core temperatures are between 27 and 39 so this doesn't make much sense to me. I'm using an i7 2600 with a coolermaster Hyper 212 plus. Had the same problem with the stock cooler. My motherboard is the asus P8Z68-V LE.

I would assume there's a problem with the sensor? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Solution

Interesting (bookmarked), many people belief these monitoring solutions are always correct but in all reality they are not, we have seen posts in here where people have lower temps than their ambient which is impossible without refrigeration.
make sure you load optimized defaults in bios... make sure the voltages are correct and recheck with multiple apps rather than just 1. some apps read temps from different manufacturers better than others... speedfan for instance doesn't like x58 motherboards set to the x19 multiplyer... it reads 10'c below what it should...

get coretemp/realtemp/speedfan and hwmonitor... test em all with prime 95 and see what your results are... be ready to turn off your system if the temps get out of hand on more than 1 app.

876Fearless

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

HW Monitor is still incorrect. Here is a link to the thread where I found my answer. http://forums.aida64.com/index.php?/topic/523-cpu-reading-incorrect-asus-p8z68-v-le/

Interesting (bookmarked), many people belief these monitoring solutions are always correct but in all reality they are not, we have seen posts in here where people have lower temps than their ambient which is impossible without refrigeration.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.