I have a hp 32 bit 3.00 ram desktop

crews28

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
i need to know what kind of video card my computer can use i need one that can hold at least a standard performance with the the new elder scrolls game coming out

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Well do you have a PCIE slot or an AGP slot? What type of computer do you have? Processor? Operating system? and Power supply?

The new elder scrolls is going to require quite a beefy computer to play at decent settings.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
With that setup you might be able to play on the lowest settings with about 5 fps, even with a beefy graphics card, the processor would be bottlenecking the whole setup and elderscrolls 5 wants at least a quadcore to run at somewhat decent framerate.

Unless you want to upgrade the cpu, power supply, and graphics card. You will not be able to play at decent settings even at low.

Minimum System Requirements

* CPU: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz or Althon X2 2.0 GHz
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 15 GB
* Graphics: 512 MB card
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

* CPU: Core 2 Quad 3 GHz
* RAM: 3 GB
* HDD: 15 GB free disk space
* Graphics: 512 MB Graphics Memory
* Sound Card: DirectX 9 Compatible
* DirectX: Version 9.0c

Supported Graphics Cards:

Minimum – 8800 GT
Recommended – Geforce GTX 460/Radeon 5850

I'd suggest get a cheap 9600XT if you can lay your hands on it.
You'll enjoy playing the game on it.
It doesn't need extra power, it's decent quiet and I loved playing Crysis on it.
So I guess it'll work for you.......
The Game needs a minimum of 2 Cores...... you have them
Need 2Gigs of Processing power, you've got 2.5.....
I would say, it'd be a steal if you got the 9600XT.

Although I doubt that new games coming out would have such minimal requirements, or maybe I have been into gaming just for the stressing of systems....
Anyway.... try to get a 9600XT
it'll be cheap and will get the job done well.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I would not get a 9600XT that is from over 7 years ago alyoshka what are you smoking? You would not even be able to play on low let alone the game at all. I would recommend at least a 560ti or a 550ti to run the game at least at low to medium settings.

The suggestion is according to the OPs requirement and his systems specs......
It would not be worth wasting any more money on Unless he wanted a whole new rig..... read before you start commenting on what I personally smoke. He's using a HP Desktop, he needs to check his power options and the clearance within the rig too.....
It is not as simple as making your own rig and then upgrading the parts, HP does usually have a lot of modifications in the case to make it really difficult to add stuff into it.

And sorry, that's the 9600GT, maybe my Typo.

Not everyone wants to play Pac-Man on a Tri Sli Rig.......