Solved

USB Port not working after installing a new MoBo

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • USB
  • Flash Drive
Last response: in Motherboards
November 29, 2012 1:14:24 PM

My question is, would I have to reinstall windows for this to work or will I have to find particular drivers for the USB ports? I installed the new MoBo this past weekend and I needed something off the computer to put on my laptop, I was in a hurry and poked the flash drive the first front panel USB port and it didn't work, said my USB device was malfunctioning, so I pulled it out and poked it into the second, said the same thing. When I got to class I poked the flash drive into my laptop and it worked perfectly.

The thing is, my rear USB ports work fine because my Mouse and Keyboard are USB devices.

So all comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks and have a good day! =)

More about : usb port working installing mobo

Best solution

a c 121 V Motherboard
November 29, 2012 6:08:37 PM

You should just be able to re-install the chipset drivers off the disk that came with your motherboard. Or you can check the manufacturer's website for updated drivers for your MB.
November 29, 2012 7:13:21 PM

itzdanielp said:
You should just be able to re-install the chipset drivers off the disk that came with your motherboard. Or you can check the manufacturer's website for updated drivers for your MB.

It's weird but when I plugged in the same flash drive after getting home it worked but I was prepared to use the CD to install the Chipset drivers like you said.

So thank you. <3
m
l
November 29, 2012 7:13:36 PM

Best answer selected by xLei.
m
l
!