Did I break my gtx 260s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustyRusty

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
First off, let me tell you that I am new to computers and all that so please be patient :p. The other day I bought the witcher 2 and it ran extremely well on my gtx 260s in sli. I could run the game smoothly with almost everything on (including uber sampling) and had a blast. Then I bought metro 2033 and forgot to set the fan speed up one day while I was playing causing my one card to get to 91c and the other to 94c. After cooling the computer down I went back to metro and it was extremely laggy on the previous settings but with a restart it ran smoothly again. Now I have finished metro and went back to witcher. The settings that I had previously for the graphics card were extremely choppy and unplayable. I even turned down a lot of the settings and still quite choppy but playable. I uninstalled and reinstalled the witcher 2 and the same stuff is happening. Do any of you know what the heck is going on? Did I fry my gpus?

MustyRusty

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
I know I haven't OCed either one of the cards and didn't change anything between originally playing the witcher 2 and then returning to it once I had finished metro (besides the overheating). I have noticed that one card is always hotter than the other but that could be because I have one handling physx and the other is doing the rest of the work. How could I check each card individually?

MustyRusty

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Thanks for your help...apparently my card was dying because when I tried to turn on the computer today, one of the cards was dead. Thanks for your help and I think I'm just gonna purchase a gtx 560 ti and forget about sli for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.