Solved

PC won't boot to bios or windows

Hello everyone, today i was testing around bios setting to unlock the hidden core of my AMD Athlon x3 II 2.7ghz 425 and make it to a AMD Fhenom II x4 2.7ghz B25. I succesfully did it but after unlocking the hidden core my pc won't boot to windows. So i decided to reinstall windows with my setting in bios making my cpu to a better cpu. After reinstall windows, Windows lags a little and often stuck and had to reboot. I think maybe it was cause because of the bios setting, so i boot into bios and i want to revent back, in the process i found out that i input a wrong setting in the beggining when i was unlocking the hidden core, so i made some change to the setting and cancel the idea of revert back. After made the changes it reboot but display does not showing up and no beep sound, i wait a couple of minute but still nothing. I think mayde because of the setting, it broke the CPU. I swith of the computer,took of the cpu cooler and put 2 finger on the cpu, turn on the pc and i feel the cpu warming up.Just for 2 second and then i turn off the pc. So it was not the cpu and right now i dont no what is causing this problem. Sould i replace the motherboard or cpu or both.

specs:
CPU:AMD Athlon II x3 2.7ghz 425
Mobo:Gigabyte GA MA74gmt-s2
Ram:4 GB kingston 1333mhz
GPU:Gigabyte HD 7750 OC
PSU:Basic atx nothing fancy
HDD:WD caviar blue 160GB Sata II
Samsung 22x dvd drive
Samsung 20inch monitor 1280x720

Thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about boot bios windows
  1. Best answer
    reset the cmos, take the battery out for 10 min. that should reset it back to Athlon x3.
  2. Should i plug in the power supply or left it unplug or turn on the pc?
  3. Best answer selected by aazzam14.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS Boot CPUs Motherboards