Any Specific companies partnered with AMD or Nvidia/Intel?

Compwars

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
Making a new comp, and I want it to get as close to either pure AMD or pure Nvidia/Intel as possible. And case makers/powersuplly makers/general computer perephieral makers partnered with either AMD or Nvidia? And if not, which companies products work best with either AMD or Nvidia/Intel?

Discuss.

D

Deleted member 217926

Amuffin you do understand Nvidia and AMD do not actually manufacture video cards right? They just make the GPU and the cards themselves are made by 3rd party resellers like EVGA, ASUS, PNY, Gigabyte ect. Sapphire and HIS do not make Nvidia cards they are AMD only.

Compwars there is no reason at all to do what you are suggesting. In fact the best bang for your buck right now is an Intel CPU and an AMD GPU. Intel and Nvidia are seperate companies unlike with AMD buying Ati. AMD CPus do not work better with AMD graphics cards just like Intel CPUs do not work better with Nvidia cards.

You can get gimmicky cases with Nvidia or AMD badges but there are no cases "designed" for one or the other. Almost all motherboards and power supplies are standard ATX form factor unless you buy a slimline computer from an OEM like Dell.

AMD makes a lot of things, I think they even makes ram now but theres no reason to go pure 1 company.

Partnerships don't really mean a thing when it comes to making things work together in a pc.

Compwars

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
:/. I thought that, if I had an AMD processor with an AMD gpu, it would work better. Why does AMD let it's Gpus' be used by Intel, If Intel is it's main processor rival?

Yes, I know that just didn't have time or effort to type that on my touchpad LOL
@OP Anyways other companies make custom pcb's etc such as evga putting 2 560ti's on 1 pcb's.

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009

Because a quick check of Steam hardware stats shows that about 75% of people who use Steam use Intel CPU's and it would severely hurt GPU sales if they did that. And Intel doesn't "use" AMD GPU's, Intel makes the Processor and chipset only (and Mobo if you buy an Intel branded one), and the user or OEM chooses the GPU. Intel doesn't really have a say in what GPU people use (unless we are talking Intel HD Graphics)

And AMD GPU's work better on Intel than AMD lol. The Bulldozer chips have had a disappointing start.