Bluetooth Driving me Insane - HELP PLEASE

Tags:
  • Bluetooth
  • Laptops
  • Phones
Last response: in Technologies
a b D Laptop
December 23, 2004 9:34:03 AM

I have a Motorola V505 phone linked to an IBM ThinkPad T40p using Bluetooth.
I am not using a dongle as the BT is built into the laptop. The phone and
the laptop can pair without a problem.
However, after they pair, when I open the "My Bluetooth Places" folder on
the laptop, and click on any service there (like OBEX File Transfer) I get
this error message on the laptop:

Error Establishing Connection

That's all I get before I close the BT Folder.

Can anyone help? I have had intermittent success but it doesn't last.

The laptop is running WinXP SP2
The firewall is Blackice

ANY help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Mark

More about : bluetooth driving insane

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 23, 2004 7:45:03 PM

First off, it sounds like a stop over at Mauricios site is a must. excellent
site and is run by a regular in this Forum. Check out
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/ and then to his BlueTooth Forums and How to
Sections.

"Mark W." <markwest@bestweb.net> wrote in message
> I have a Motorola V505 phone linked to an IBM ThinkPad T40p using
Bluetooth.
> I am not using a dongle as the BT is built into the laptop. The phone and
> the laptop can pair without a problem.
> However, after they pair, when I open the "My Bluetooth Places" folder on
> the laptop, and click on any service there (like OBEX File Transfer) I get
> this error message on the laptop:
>
> Error Establishing Connection
>
> That's all I get before I close the BT Folder.
>
> Can anyone help? I have had intermittent success but it doesn't last.
>
> The laptop is running WinXP SP2
> The firewall is Blackice
>
> ANY help would be greatly appreciated
>
> TIA
>
> Mark

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 23, 2004 9:21:30 PM

I tried that site but I dont see any link to my particular problem -
pairing but not connecting.

Mark
!