Sign in with
Your question

Power problem, Help!

Last response: in Motherboards
November 29, 2012 9:01:40 PM

This is not a new build. I build this computer two years ago without any issue.
Recently i have moved my computer a couple times to replace a bad hard drive on a Raid 5 and install new SSD. However, I done this about 3 weeks ago and the power issue starts to happen this week.

Case: Antec Nine Hundred
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
(i7 CPU, 2*8=16GB RAM, 3 hard dives, 1 SSD, 2 DVD and 1 reader bay, cooler, video card, and couple fans)

I cannot shutdown my computer normally(by clicking the shutdown button on OS or press the power switch).
It looks like it shutdown successfully, but the computer doesn't go the the "off" stage, instead the screen turns black for 2 seconds and then the Gigabyte Logo appear again. when it comes to windows, it says the computer didn't shutdown normally last time. i need to press the power switch when i see the Logo to shut it down completely.

Yesterday, I cannot turn on my PC at all by pressing the power switch. I can see some of the Light on the front panel and motherboard is on. so the motherboard is actually getting power from the power supply. it just wouldn't turn on. Then I open the case and check connections, resit all the RAM and make sure power cable has good connection. Then the computer turn on again but it keep goes on and off for a while. I then I pull the power cable and then check the connection again and wait 10 minutes, i can turn in on normally again. However, i still cannot shut it down normally.

When the computer is on, it runs no problem. I think that it may be power supply, motherboard or connections problems, power switch? anyone has any suggestion?

More about : power problem

a b V Motherboard
November 29, 2012 10:06:17 PM

Try running it with minimal components connected (CPU, HD with OS, i stick of memory and GPU if there's no onboard video).
m
l
!