Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Rosewill THOR V2-

Last response: in Components
January 28, 2012 11:14:25 PM

As I'm in the pick the case prebuild mode,I would like to know if anyone has this case. If so please comment about it.

More about : rosewill thor

a b ) Power supply
January 29, 2012 4:08:57 AM

I can agree with review...

Pros:

- Excellent cooling performance
- Ten expansion bays
- Wide motherboard support
- Innovative features
- Roomy, convenient interior
- Fan speed and lighting control
- Numerous, well-organized front I/O
- Numerous configuration options
- Watercooling-friendly features
- Good value

Cons:

- Huge
- Heavy
Score
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 29, 2012 4:43:39 AM

I have it and I love it. It had great cooling and its not very loud, plenty of space to work in. Its a little rough around the edges. tiny things like the thumbscrews may need a screwdriver to get in, groments on the cable routing holes are lose. Just makes the build take an extra 10 Minutes. But you aren't going to find another case with these specs for this price. I had looked at the HAF series and couldn't even find one that had the features I wanted. there are lots of good professional reviews available. If you want user input I would suggest reading the newegg reviews. www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681114705...

I ordered mine before they switched to the USB 3.0 motherboard header, so I had out the back cables. I emailed rosewill last week and in less than a week they have shipped the new part for free, with an invoice on my newegg account. so +1 for customer service. I am sure they'd help with things like broken or loud fans a few people have gotten from UPS being rough.
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 29, 2012 4:47:35 AM

unksol said:
I have it and I love it. It had great cooling and its not very loud, plenty of space to work in. Its a little rough around the edges. tiny things like the thumbscrews may need a screwdriver to get in, groments on the cable routing holes are lose. Just makes the build take an extra 10 Minutes. I would suggest reading the newegg reviews. www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681114705...

I ordered mine before they switched to the USB 3.0 motherboard header, so I had out the back cables. I emailed rosewill last week and in less than a week they have shipped the new part for free, with an invoice on my newegg account. so +1 for customer service. I am sure they'd help with things like broken or loud fans a few people have gotten from UPS being rough.

That was cool what they did for u : )
Score
January 29, 2012 1:43:37 PM

Thanks for the great info. The review was great (found out some interesting stuff). One of the reviews I read said that the power cable for the motherboard (PSU on bottom and the Mb connector near the top) didn't reach. Anyone have this problem?

If I get this case it will be the white one as I'm tired of black cases.

The comment about the manufacturer sending the replacement parts is very good. When I built my current PC last year,I used the NXZT phantom case. The fan controller and one fan with led (LED part)didn't work. I emailed them and sent the replacement parts out pronto.

Not to go off topic here. Whats the difference between usb 2.0 and 3.0.
Score

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
January 29, 2012 2:50:54 PM

gac77 said:
Thanks for the great info. The review was great (found out some interesting stuff). One of the reviews I read said that the power cable for the motherboard (PSU on bottom and the Mb connector near the top) didn't reach. Anyone have this problem?

If I get this case it will be the white one as I'm tired of black cases.

The comment about the manufacturer sending the replacement parts is very good. When I built my current PC last year,I used the NXZT phantom case. The fan controller and one fan with led (LED part)didn't work. I emailed them and sent the replacement parts out pronto.

Not to go off topic here. Whats the difference between usb 2.0 and 3.0.

OK, USB3 is faster than USB2, so if u get a USB pen drive or USB external drive, the transfer speeds are much higher with USB3. USB3 is blue.

If u don't have USB3 device and u will use USB3 port, it is backwards compatible, but it will use the speed of the lowest device plugged in.
---
Here is the detailed info @ http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-things-you...
a b ) Power supply
January 29, 2012 3:01:21 PM

USB3 is blue inside - USB2 is white inside.

Score
January 29, 2012 4:14:11 PM

nikorr said:
OK, USB3 is faster than USB2, so if u get a USB pen drive or USB external drive, the transfer speeds are much higher with USB3. USB3 is blue.

If u don't have USB3 device and u will use USB3 port, it is backwards compatible, but it will use the speed of the lowest device plugged in.
---
Here is the detailed info @ http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10things/10-things-you...

Thanks,I had wondered why there was usb 3.0 on some of the new MB.
Score
January 29, 2012 4:14:42 PM

Best answer selected by gac77.
Score
a b ) Power supply
January 29, 2012 4:18:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!