Already got a PC, got $700. Better go for a laptop or a PC?

Hello,

I have exactly $704. I don't own a laptop. But I have a relatively old PC (P4 630 3.0GB, DDR2 RAM, 160 GB HDD, built-in Intel graphics, Gigabyte 945G chipset mobo).

So, I have never owned a laptop... But, with this budget I don't think I'd be able to play good games well on a laptop. But would, on a PC.

What do you think? Should I go for a laptop or a PC?
4 answers Last reply
More about already laptop
  1. I recently got an HP DV6 with a dual core AMD fusion cpu and a radeon 6750 graphics chip .
    Im not in North America so the model number will not be the same .
    But it was cheap

and it games
  2. you can build an extremely fast desktop for that much amount of money, get the desktop if you dont NEED mobility.
  3. Laptop IS for mobility. Currently i own a relativly old Q6600 4 gb ram and 560 Ti.
    Im getting a laptop (gaming one) before a new PC BASICLY becouse i dont need to improve my Desktop to play games on very good details.

However i do need a laptop for my traveling. i think its a matter of needs. Also note that for 704 bucks you can get a "ok" laptop that wont be for high quality gaming, where as for a desktop it would be a Decent option.

In short, Look for that will be more used over time, since all pc/laptops degrade in quality over time :D.
  4. tomskent said:
    you can build an extremely fast desktop for that much amount of money, get the desktop if you dont NEED mobility.

+1 for this
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Laptops Systems