Font doesn't appear correctly

Hi.

For some reason all the tooltips as well as some
droplists' items have changed their font to a old-
fashioned system font, instead of remaining Tahoma (as
selected in the desktop properties).

I can't put my finger on when it happend and I haven't
been able to change it.

Thanks,

Mickey

A recent Critical Update.

Recently these were changed by a Critical Update on my machine...
Display Properties | Appearance tab | Effects |
? Show shadows under menus
? Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key

System Properties | Advanced tab | Performance Settings button |
? Show shadows under mouse pointer

Display Properties | Appearance tab | Color scheme:
Changed from Windows Standard to Windows Classic.

I changed them back to what *I* want. ;-)
-----

Right click Desktop Properties | Appearance tab |
Advanced button | Item:
Menu
Tooltip

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:0d9e01c47b3b$263215c0$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Mickey <karnovsk@bgu.ac.il> hunted and pecked:
> Hi.
>
> For some reason all the tooltips as well as some
> droplists' items have changed their font to a old-
> fashioned system font, instead of remaining Tahoma (as
> selected in the desktop properties).
>
> I can't put my finger on when it happend and I haven't
> been able to change it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mickey

Wes,

Would you know the number(s|) of th(at|ose) update(s|)?
I have not been affected as you have.
(I already use Windows Classic theme and no shadows.)
---
Jan

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
| A recent Critical Update.
|
| Recently these were changed by a Critical Update on my machine...
| Display Properties | Appearance tab | Effects |
| ? Show shadows under menus
| ? Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key

| System Properties | Advanced tab | Performance Settings button |
| ? Show shadows under mouse pointer
|
| Display Properties | Appearance tab | Color scheme:
| Changed from Windows Standard to Windows Classic.

Jan,

One these:
Security Update for Windows XP KB839645 on 7/13/2004
Security Update for Windows XP KB840315 on 7/13/2004
Security Update for Windows XP KB841873 on 7/13/2004
Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP
5.1 KB842773 on 7/13/2004
Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 SP1 KB823353 on 7/13/2004

I don't even care which one or ones did it. I got my settings back. It
upsets me though. It's my machine, dangit! ;-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:umzP15%23eEHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
+-J <bitbucket@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Wes,
>
> Would you know the number(s|) of th(at|ose) update(s|)?
> I have not been affected as you have.
> (I already use Windows Classic theme and no shadows.)
> ---
> Jan
>

> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
>> A recent Critical Update.
>>
>> Recently these were changed by a Critical Update on my machine...
>> Display Properties | Appearance tab | Effects |
>> ? Show shadows under menus
>> ? Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the
>> Alt key
>>
>> System Properties | Advanced tab | Performance Settings button |
>> ? Show shadows under mouse pointer
>>
>> Display Properties | Appearance tab | Color scheme:
>> Changed from Windows Standard to Windows Classic.

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:
| Jan,
| One these:
| Security Update for Windows XP KB839645 on 7/13/2004
| Security Update for Windows XP KB840315 on 7/13/2004
| Security Update for Windows XP KB841873 on 7/13/2004
| Update for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 and WinHTTP
| 5.1 KB842773 on 7/13/2004
| Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express 6 SP1 KB823353 on 7/13/2004

Wes,

I installed the first three, but I was not affected.
Thus 842773 (BITS) could be the culprit.
---
Jan

| >> Recently these were changed by a Critical Update on my machine...
| >> Display Properties | Appearance tab | Effects |
| >> ? Show shadows under menus
| >> ? Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the
| >> Alt key

| >> System Properties | Advanced tab | Performance Settings button |
| >> ? Show shadows under mouse pointer
| >>
| >> Display Properties | Appearance tab | Color scheme:
| >> Changed from Windows Standard to Windows Classic.

Jan,

Could be. I have BITS disabled. I don't remember if I had to disable it
again after the update.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes