Sign in with
Your question

Two BSODS within moments of each other - Just from watching Youtube.

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2011 7:33:32 AM

System specs

- ASUS M5A88-V EVO

- ZOTAC AMP! ZT-40102-10P GeForce GTX 480

- Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W Continuous @40°C

- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

- OCZ Agility 3

- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1866

- Cooler Master V8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT!!!!

I just got my V8 cpu cooler today, and I OC'd the 1100t to 4ghz (at 1.475 - which CPU says is at around 1.5 (from the various bios options)

When I had it at 3.7ghz - 3.8ghz - I had a BSOD maybe once or twice a week.

TEMPS ARE NORMAL (38-42)

The first two are as described, BSODS from watching a normal youtube video :'( 

(The two others are from earlier today)

-------------------------------------------

On Fri 28/10/2011 7:24:25 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\102811-8158-01.dmp
uptime: 00:02:04
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC40)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF800033A45D5)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 28/10/2011 7:21:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\102811-8018-01.dmp
uptime: 03:34:38
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFFBD850F14, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000309BC0F)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 28/10/2011 3:36:46 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\102711-8377-02.dmp
uptime: 00:30:12
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7CC10)
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Fri 28/10/2011 2:47:55 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\102711-8377-01.dmp
uptime: 00:26:53
This was probably caused by the following module: usbehci.sys (usbehci+0x68BF)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF80073819296, 0x8, 0xFFFFF80073819296, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys
description: EHCI eUSB Miniport Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

(PS. I've been told before that it could be my SSD failing.)

Please help, Thank you :-)
October 28, 2011 9:05:01 AM

Is your system 100% stable without overclocking? If so...then you are just going to have to research your motherboard settings a lot... Make sure your ram is at a stable setting with correct voltage.... Try running a stress test such as Orthos to make sure everything is ok at default settings while researching a guide for your motherboard for overclocking. i know this is very generalized. If it doesn't help, oh well.

-Douglas Rochford
m
l
October 28, 2011 9:20:57 AM

Using Orthos now (Though still OC'd - but I upped the voltage on cpu up to 1.5 (so now it hovers between 1.5 and 1.55 :-s - and upped NB to 1.275) - So far it's been up for 10 mins (yeah, not too long, just want you to know I'm testing ^^) But... Orthos only uses 2 cores, and I don't see an option to use all 6.

(PS. Yeah - I probably should put it back to normal before testing it OC'd but... if it Bsods, then I'll try normal)

(Edit) - Went around 30 mins with Orthos, then stopped and tied to run a WEI assessment - bsod'd during. Currently running normal and running prime.

-BSOD-

On Fri 28/10/2011 8:48:00 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\102811-13712-01.dmp
uptime: 01:22:57
Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8000309D6A0, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)
Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
m
l
October 28, 2011 9:42:50 AM

uhm, i really dont think your voltages are supposed to be that high... at all... doesnt matter how cold you get that proc, voltages kill... according to this page: http://products.amd.com/pages/desktopcpudetail.aspx?id=...

the absolute max it should be is 1.475....

would it be possible to reinstall all your drivers and check again?

Edit: also have you disabled turbo-core?
m
l
October 28, 2011 10:08:14 AM

I ran prime95 for about 5 mins, then took a glance at speedfan - 59c - T.T - Stopped there, though my voltages (set to auto) hovered to 1.45 :-\ (from around 1.38ish)

Turbo-core is disabled, as well as all the other junk (cool and quiet, CE1, and such.)

CPU Loadline calibration is enabled (as well as cpu/nb). I do have EPU running with vCore voltage downgrade on "extreme". I do also have turboV running (though not overclocked - I'm not 100% sure if it does anything while running/idle :s)

Drivers are up to date (excluding soundcard for now) - Driver Genius
Bios has one update, but it's just for support for bulldozer.

I really want to beable to push my system to 4ghz. (Though perhaps that is more of a overclock forum question) — However the BSOD question is viable in this forum.

What I'm trying to find out is what is causing the BSOD's, perhaps I need to post more info? (dumps and such?)
m
l
!