Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2011 1:12:14 PM

Ok, Recently built my first pc
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.4Ghz
Corsair 750W Modular PSU
ASUS P8Z68 V
2 * 4GB of GSkill Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz
Sapphire Radeon 6950 with 2GB of video memory

Installed windows 7 x64 not long ago then started to get constant BSOD's at least twice a day, used to get a range but i updated every driver and got left with repeated 124, 1e, d1, 3b

I understand all but 124 are driver related which isn't as scary, the 124 being hardware so ran windows memory test without any errors, burn tested my cpu on maximum load for a good while and didnt crash. So im yet to discover the cause of the 124's and the rest, they are all driving me insane, corrupting things includng my dirt 3 save while i was playing it which was the final straw! I will attach a dump if someone can tell me how?

If you have any suggestions/causes/solutions feel free to say
Thanks in advance

More about : constant bsod

October 28, 2011 1:33:39 PM

did you OC anything in your system? Check individual sticks of RAM in eac of the RAM slots. Could be a faulty slot on the MOBO. also, are all your drivers and BIOS updates current?
m
l
October 28, 2011 1:44:21 PM

casualbuilder said:
did you OC anything in your system? Check individual sticks of RAM in eac of the RAM slots. Could be a faulty slot on the MOBO. also, are all your drivers and BIOS updates current?

Nope nothing is oc'ed and i dont know where to get my bios update from, and i believe all my drivers are up to date. Also to test that would i just boot with 1 stick of ram in each time
m
l
Related resources
October 28, 2011 1:45:12 PM

Quote:
Make sure your ram is set to 2T in your advanced dram configuration in your bios.

Just looked, couldnt find that could only find 'DRAM Timings' or something and everything in there was set to auto
m
l
October 28, 2011 1:50:04 PM

Yes. boot with 1 stick at a time, in each slot, both sticks individually. This will let you know if there is a RAM issue, or a slot issue on the mobo.
m
l
October 28, 2011 2:05:56 PM

casualbuilder said:
Yes. boot with 1 stick at a time, in each slot, both sticks individually. This will let you know if there is a RAM issue, or a slot issue on the mobo.

Just tried, no problems *sigh*
m
l
October 28, 2011 2:13:06 PM

Ok, double check all your drivers and BIOS updates are current. If they are, i will ask the question of, what type of Thermal Paste are you using? and is the Heatsink and CPU seated correctly and tight?
m
l
October 28, 2011 2:15:58 PM

casualbuilder said:
Ok, double check all your drivers and BIOS updates are current. If they are, i will ask the question of, what type of Thermal Paste are you using? and is the Heatsink and CPU seated correctly and tight?

Where can i get my bios update? and Artic Silver 5 yes all correctly temps are nice and low, idling around 25-40

m
l
October 28, 2011 2:20:38 PM

Bios update is on Manufacturer's website, or i believe you can do it through the BIOS? somone else might be able to tell you how. I can find it myself, but im not good at explaining mapping through a BIOS.

Last thing i can think of is its just a compatibity issue with the RAM and your MoBo.
m
l
October 28, 2011 2:39:22 PM

casualbuilder said:
Bios update is on Manufacturer's website, or i believe you can do it through the BIOS? somone else might be able to tell you how. I can find it myself, but im not good at explaining mapping through a BIOS.

Last thing i can think of is its just a compatibity issue with the RAM and your MoBo.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8Z6...
which one would i be downloading.. also looks promising with all the fixes
m
l
October 28, 2011 2:57:08 PM

The most recent would be your best bet.
m
l
October 29, 2011 8:13:29 PM

Quote:
I am still thinking it is your ram.
you need to go into your motherboards overclock section and unlink the DRAM and manually set both dimms to 2T rates.

Tried to no avail, how can i attach dump?
m
l
October 29, 2011 9:49:08 PM

what is the RAM you are using ?

A link please to the item you bought
m
l
October 29, 2011 10:12:24 PM

that should be compatible .

Find the timing and voltage settings for the RAM in BIOS
check the voltage is 1.5 volt
check the timings are 9-9-9-24

If the problem continues then reduce the RAM speed to 1333 MHz to see if that makes a difference
m
l
November 1, 2011 6:08:43 PM

Outlander_04 said:
that should be compatible .

Find the timing and voltage settings for the RAM in BIOS
check the voltage is 1.5 volt
check the timings are 9-9-9-24

If the problem continues then reduce the RAM speed to 1333 MHz to see if that makes a difference

Voltages and latencys are alright and tried that but still blue screening, also stress tested with intelburntest on highest stress without any errors and the same with prime 95, still stumped as to why im getting it
m
l
November 1, 2011 7:11:23 PM

Then you should format the hard drive and reinstall windows from scratch .

install the motherboard drivers .

Run it for a day without the graphics card driver .

Then if its fine add the graphics driver . Latest version you have downloaded .
m
l
!