Problem with sending SMS from a PocketPC thru a Motorola V..

Last response: in Technologies
December 23, 2004 10:02:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Hello all!

I have the following problem, hopefully someone can give me a hint on this:

I have a Motorola V525 mobile phone, and a PocketPC with Windows Mobile 2003 as
OS. I'm trying to receive and send SMS on the PocketPC via a bluetooth
connection.

The connection to the phone itself works all okay, I can use it nicely as a
CSD/GPRS modem. I also can download the stored SMS all okay to the PocketPC
application.

But when I try to *send* an SMS, I get error messages, although the connection
still works okay.

I tried two SMS applications, the first just says "Connection with mobile phone
failed" (although downloading SMS works, so the connection should be okay), the
other one is a little more verbose and says:

Connecting to phone (COM5)
12345 OK +<some_modem_response_code>
Using SMSC +491770610000
Sending to <phone_number>
FAILED! Check phone and service central!

The SMSC is correct; I checked the option "use phone SMSC" in the application,
and the phone itself can send SMS just fine.

Does anyone have an idea what goes wrong? Do I maybe need to enable/allow SMS
sending via bluetooth somewhere in the phone?

Any hint is appreciated! :)  Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
Frank

Frank Zavelberg schrieb:

>I have the following problem, hopefully someone can give me a hint on this:

Nobody have an idea about this? :(
January 4, 2005 12:49:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

I can just tell you what works for me;
I am using a HP5550 and a Siemens S55, with EasySMS
http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/
- ie totally different setup :)

I choose COM-Port BTC1 and leave the Service Center No unchecked.

I then have to set up a new connection using the Bluetooth manager
Pair your PPC with your phone
Select the Dial-up networking option
Dont input a phone no, country or area code or connection name
Exit and then start up Bluetooth on your PDA phone - should work now

HTH

"Frank Zavelberg" <newsgroups@tianet135.ath.cx> wrote in message
> Frank Zavelberg schrieb:
>

>>I have the following problem, hopefully someone can give me a hint on
>>this:
>
> Nobody have an idea about this? :(

September 28, 2012 9:16:41 AM

I'm unable to understand your problem, can you explain more?
!