Problem with sending SMS from a PocketPC thru a Motorola V..

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

Hello all!

I have the following problem, hopefully someone can give me a hint on this:

I have a Motorola V525 mobile phone, and a PocketPC with Windows Mobile 2003 as
OS. I'm trying to receive and send SMS on the PocketPC via a bluetooth
connection.

The connection to the phone itself works all okay, I can use it nicely as a
CSD/GPRS modem. I also can download the stored SMS all okay to the PocketPC
application.

But when I try to *send* an SMS, I get error messages, although the connection
still works okay.

I tried two SMS applications, the first just says "Connection with mobile phone
failed" (although downloading SMS works, so the connection should be okay), the
other one is a little more verbose and says:

Connecting to phone (COM5)
12345 OK +<some_modem_response_code>
Using SMSC +491770610000
Sending to <phone_number>
FAILED! Check phone and service central!

The SMSC is correct; I checked the option "use phone SMSC" in the application,
and the phone itself can send SMS just fine.

Does anyone have an idea what goes wrong? Do I maybe need to enable/allow SMS
sending via bluetooth somewhere in the phone?

Any hint is appreciated! :) Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
Frank

    Frank Zavelberg schrieb:

    >I have the following problem, hopefully someone can give me a hint on this:

    Nobody have an idea about this? :(
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    I can just tell you what works for me;
    I am using a HP5550 and a Siemens S55, with EasySMS
    http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/
    - ie totally different setup :)

    I choose COM-Port BTC1 and leave the Service Center No unchecked.

    I then have to set up a new connection using the Bluetooth manager
    Pair your PPC with your phone
    Select the Dial-up networking option
    Dont input a phone no, country or area code or connection name
    Exit and then start up Bluetooth on your PDA phone - should work now

    HTH

    "Frank Zavelberg" <newsgroups@tianet135.ath.cx> wrote in message
    > Frank Zavelberg schrieb:
    >

    >>I have the following problem, hopefully someone can give me a hint on
    >>this:
    >
    > Nobody have an idea about this? :(

  3. I'm unable to understand your problem, can you explain more?

Bluetooth Phones Connection Motorola