Major issues here, please help.

love2shpongleirl

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
Hello,
I am building a system for a friend and the motherboard shows no activity with the four pin connector plugged in. However, with the four pin left unplugged all the fans start spinning but the computer does not post. Any advice, any and all help is appreciated.

love2shpongleirl

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

Now I get it to post(used an half an eight pin in the four pin slot) but I get 2 short beeps, any help?

love2shpongleirl

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
The motherboard is a micro-atx msi GF61m-p33, cpu amd athlon II four core processor, psu 750wtt coolmax, corsair xm3 ddr3 1333mhz memory. I know the psu is good because I pulled it out of my system when I upgraded to an xfx 850wtt psu and the ram is good as well because I tested it in my system before installing it into his. Thank you for the assistance.

g-unit1111

Titan
I'm guessing the RAM is the main problem in your system. I was using an AMD build with Corsair XMS RAM and it went nearly haywire - I'd check with both Corsair and MSI to see what the next course of action to take is. The main thing I'd ask about is whether or not the voltage on the RAM is compatible with what the motherboard and CPU require.

love2shpongleirl

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011

Will do, thanks a lot. I see that you added in your previous post what gpu is he using. Well, I am building him an office computer so I was just going to go with on board video. I do have 2 6870's(running crossfire in my system), do you think it would be prudent to install one of my cards and see if I get a screen signal?