Need liquid cooling for a GTX 590?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailbreaker

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
I plan to buy a EVGA GTX 590.

My casing - Thermaltake V9 BlacX VM400M1W2Z Mid Tower

It has a large 230mm on top & a 130mm at back.

So... will i be needing a liquid cooling for the card? Or is it enough with the default EVGA heat spreader?

But, i don't like to handle with a liquid cooling system.

(And i don't have av Air Conditioner in my room)

PLez reply! Loooooking...... & Thanksss...

Solution

The stock cooling solutions are always sufficent for cards - they wouldnt sell the card without adequate cooling.

You only concern should be if you plan to heavily overclock or have other hardware in the case which will block the heatsink intake fan (ie if you plan on running two 590s in sli...

guzami77

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010

The stock cooling solutions are always sufficent for cards - they wouldnt sell the card without adequate cooling.

You only concern should be if you plan to heavily overclock or have other hardware in the case which will block the heatsink intake fan (ie if you plan on running two 590s in sli stacked on top of one another)

Solution

trailbreaker

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
Thanks BOSS!

And... I have already brought a CORSAIR CMPSU-TX750

(750W, ATX12V, v2.2, SLI Certified, 80 PLUS Certified, Active PFC) power supply particularly for the above said 590 GPU.

Still i don't understand about the GPU power connectors. (6-pin,8-pin etc.)

Can u tell me wether this PSU will support the GPU? And... can I SLI this with another 590 later?

PLeeez telll me ah?.... Thanks Again...

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Yes that PSU is compatible with that GPU, but I dont think it will be able to handle two of those cards. Look at reviews of the cards to see how much power it draws and compare it for two. Look at reviews for the PSU and check how much it can handle. GPU manufacturers usually give the recommended PSU wattage for single and multi card setups.

trailbreaker

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2011
OK! But....

Can I get the maximum usage of the GPU using this 950W PSU (Corsair TX950)?

Coz I'm looking only for CORSAIR products. So....thats my possible budget, boss!

Please explain.... : )

I would over shoot just if you start running more and more stuff such as multiple hdd or like get a new case with 10 fans and whatnotgoing over on your psu is better than under by a long shot because your system will only use what it needs up to that amount

Status
Not open for further replies.