njh219

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Hi everyone,
I woke up this morning to find my desktop tower unable to boot (I left it on last night). The lights on the interior of the case indicate that it still is receiving power (the reset and power buttons are glowing) but nothing happens when I press them. I'm not sure what diagnostics I can do at this point since the computer does not respond to anything. In the past there had been an incident where I spilled a beverage in the chassis, but I cleaned it with deionized water and lab tools and its been running fine for the last 4 months without a sign of trouble.

njh219

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
There is no burning plastic smell. The PSU is a 1000W supply (brand ill have to check on). My setup is a single Nvidia 560 titanium and a quad core i7-960 (not overclocked much). I have a enclosed liquid cooling and more than enough heat exchange. My motherboard is an ASUS P8Z68 (if I recall correctly) and I have 3 sticks of RAM at 4 gigs each. I also have a dual HD setup running windows.

videogamerign

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Try clearing the cach files of the MOBO and reseting the CMOS. Take the power out and then take the battery out of the MOBO, Then press the power a few times With everything unpluged for power. Place the battery back in and then the power and see if it will turn on.

njh219

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Figured out that it was the power supply. I did a jump start by sticking a paperclip into two ports of the 24-bit pin and the fan/supply wouldn't startup. NZXT has a great 5 year warranty so they have another already out to me!