Lately I've started to get some problems with my router, it's a DI-524 2.4GHZ wireless router.
It sometimes slows down the internet, ******* up programs and it works bad in certain conditions, its not working as intended anymore...
So... I wonder if there are any good replacement?
What i use my internet for is mainly hardcore gaming, so low ping,performance and stability is essential for me in this case.
I want a router that works well both in gaming and that doesnt slow down the internet unnececairly.
Before spending money, bear in mind that most problems to do with wireless routers are wireless problems:
You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.
thanks for the suggestions... first i have latest driver version, used TCPOptimizer earlier, but i was in a local shop today and spoke to a tech man... and appearantly my current router model has had several issues... like overheating, performance dropping so it doesnt perform as it has promised... so therefore i asked him about chooices for a new one, and ill get it in the weekend. Thanks for all the help THO ;D
Presumably D-Link -- I'd thought these were good products but recently stumbled into a neighbour's D-Link 615 secured wifi by mistake and have since gathered that there are security issues with some D-L models. Haven't heard about overheating.
Sorry to Hijack your thread................ I got a Draytek Vigor 2820 that works great in every shape and form! I have 4 remote sites with one of these babies on the end, its too good for words. That's my recommendation!