Sign in with
Your question

What is the the solution to the computer motherboard that not power

Last response: in Systems
October 28, 2011 8:23:04 PM

Hello,have used different power on my board but the board did not power at all and those power are working perfect because have test it on another board.please what caan i do. thank u.
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 487 V Motherboard
October 29, 2011 2:56:26 AM

First check to see if your CMOS battery needs replacing. When it dies, the system won't boot up.
m
l
a c 78 B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
October 29, 2011 4:30:07 AM

AFAIK, you can take a battery completely out and still boot up, just no BIOS settings will be saved and you will have to detect all the hardware every time for POSTing.

I could be wrong, though.

If you have used a PSU that is working on another computer on the broken computer and it still won't turn on, its likely one of two problems
1) The *new* one doesn't have enough juice to run your PC
or
2) The motherboard is blown and you will have to replace it.

I have fixed probably 600 computers professionally and I don't remember a single time when the problem was the battery.

On the other hand, more than 50% of the time it was a problem of needing a new PSU. Another 25% of the time it was probably the motherboard going bad.

If it is an old computer, I would guess the PSU, because those tend to be the first things to go.

Tell us what PSU you had before that doesn't work (maker/model), the *new* one you tried that worked somewhere else but not on your computer (maker/model) and the maker and model of everything else in the computer and we can give better advice if you need more than this.
m
l
Related resources
!