BIOSTAR TP67XE - How many case fans can I connect to it?

schleima

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
I have an Antec Three Hundred Illusion case, which has a side panel vent that looks like it would accommodate an additional 120mm fan.

I've nearly maxed out the rest of the case with 2 front 120mm, one rear 120mm, and one top 140mm fan. Additionally, I have 120mm fans on both sides of my CPU heatsink, so that's 6 fans in total.

So, my question is, with a BIOSTAR TP67XE can I add an additional fan to the side panel? Is there a place to plug in a seventh fan? If not, is it possible to split one of the existing leads?

I'm not a newbie, I've built several PCs over the last 12 years or so, but it's intermittent and every time I build a new PC I have to relearn/remember 75%. (I don't live and breathe this stuff like you guys do). I very much appreciate your help.

Oh, and just for fun, my PC is only a year old, but I'm curious what hardware upgrades you might suggest to tweak my system for gaming (without doing a major overhaul?) I'm pretty happy as it is, but I'm a hobbyist, and you know how that goes. Can I swap out my CPU for another faster LGA1155 processor? Which one would you suggest? Faster RAM?

Specs:
CPU: Core i5-2500K
Cooling: CM Hyper 212+ w/ 2 120mm fans
GPU: GeForce GTX465
Audio: Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Professional
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
CASE: Antec Three Hundred Illusion
PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
Display: ASUS VE247H Black 23.6"
SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
HDD: I forget. 2 big 7200 RPM drives.