Quantum Fireball LM15 = Plus LM?

G

Hi,
I own for almost a year now a quantum fireball LM15, at least that s what my bios says on my ASUS P3BF MOBO. The probleme is that I can t find any reference about my HD since I bought it OEM, even on the quntum web page there is no reference to a LM15 model, only the firball plus LM. So, wich one do I have? If your wondering why I am asking it after a year it s because there is a lot of talking about ata-66/100 and I was wondering if it wasn t worth for me to get a ata-66/100 controler.

thanks for help
P.S. I know my english is bad :)
Luke

G

I would say it's the plus LM. If you've been using the drive with DMA enabled in the OS, you probably wouldn't notice jaw-dropping performance increases.

>>I was wondering if it wasn t worth for me to get a ata-66/100 controler. <<

In this case, it's probably more a matter of choice and it wouldn't be really a bad choice considering the cost either way. I personally feel if you move the work off the southbridge, the controller cards do better DMA transfers. Again, any difference is minimal if any at depending on the drive and what's being done since that's basically what the southbridge is there for, but it's my choice.

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***