Gaz77x-ud3h doesnt turn on

I just recently got all my parts together and built my pc but i cant get it to turn on for whatever reason
My mobo has the power button light on but no other lights, i tried switching up the RAM slots, reseating the cpu, taking off the video card and sound card. Im trying the mobo on cardboard in a little bit but other than that does anyone have any idea why its not booting?

Build:
intel i5 3570
corsair carbide 400r case
evga geforce 660 FTW
gaz77x-ud3h
WD 1tb harddrive
10 answers Last reply
More about gaz77x ud3h doesnt turn
  1. Is the CPU fan spinning when powering up? What power supply do you use?
  2. no fans power on at all im using a corsair tx750, i did the paperclip test to make sure the psu was fine and it was
  3. Then if the 24 and the 8-pin power connectors are properly inserted, remove the wires corresponding to the case power and reset switches and start the board by shortly connecting together (use a screwdriver) the 2 motherboard pins where the power switch wires go - it's what the case power switch does when pressed.
  4. tried it on cardboard box, it didnt turn on i moved the side of it by accident it powered on and continued to turn on and off while all the fans began to spin
  5. Make sure you've connected the 8-pin ATX cable and not the 6+2 PCIe cable.
  6. yeah i triple checked every wire> I'm going to try what you said but first i gotta get the computer to boot up all together because even with the power switch i press on the motherboard it doesnt turn on
  7. Then it might be a power connector issue. Do you have another power supply?
  8. as of right now no i dont but that will be my next step
  9. when i take the motherboard out of the case and press the power button it turns on and powers .Though i have to hold the 24pin connector in at a certain angle so that the power stays on. So does that equal a problem with the case grounding itself or a problem with the psu?
  10. I'd say that it's a problem with the connector or the cable. Either the motherboard or the power supply.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte Motherboards