7600 GS and 7950 GT issues, help is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00d

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
so i currently have a a6000n desktop. i made a thread way back about how my 8800 gts g92 wouldn't work with my desktop (long story short, i gave up). but now, my 7600 gs and 7950 gt won't work (i swear they used to work). i used to play games using the 7950 gt but now, all i get is a black screen. i reinstalled the latest drivers just now by using my IGP to access the computer and even then, i just get a black screen when i plug in the 7600 GS. the 7600 GS works up until the windows loading screen ends (i have XP), then the screen turns black and the little light turns orange and starts blinking. anyone know what the problem is? the computer works perfectly fine with the IGP, but adding either graphic cards messes it up. thanks for reading. any help would be much appreciated

Solution
This sound like an issue with either the board or the psu. When there is multiple cards that either fail or refuse to work in the same system that points to there being a hardware issue.

Rizlla

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2011
Does you bios change automatically to use the Graphics card that you plugged in? I have seen this happen before that it does not automatically use the card that is plugged in and it had to be changed in the bios although it ended up that somehow the MB did not have the correct bios and the board somehow still worked amazingly.

d00d

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009

i've tried two psus so now that you tell me that, i believe it's the board's problem. hmm... sad to know that my motherboard is broken. it's hard to take really, the computer works perfectly fine and the cards did too (just not the 8800 GTS). thanks for your responses guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.