Sign in with
Your question

Change Single Board Computer

Last response: in Motherboards
November 30, 2012 6:57:33 PM

Hello,

I am working on in one project where I have to replace entire Half Size Single Board Computer. Theya are going to retain Hard Drive, Floppy Disk Drive and Monitor Screen along with DOS oprating System. Old System has pentium Series processor(P54C) and SiS 5598 Chipset. Can I just replace with new SBC which have ability connect exisitng Pherpheral devices.Or I have to check something else before proceed.
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 12:47:29 AM

They are running DOS ?? WTF...I say that your client needs a whole new computer including software...Throw that thing in the junk pile and get whatever data off of the HDD that they need and put it on a newer computer...WOW...DOS is that a typo?????
December 3, 2012 2:25:32 PM

lowjack989 said:
They are running DOS ?? WTF...I say that your client needs a whole new computer including software...Throw that thing in the junk pile and get whatever data off of the HDD that they need and put it on a newer computer...WOW...DOS is that a typo?????

@lowjack989,

Thanks for your reply. Yes they have very old system and applications. So they wanted to retain software and operating System. This motheboard is part of big machine, which collect data from machine and will process and display results in Monitor. Exisitng Board they have is Rocky-518HV board.
I found some new Single Board Computer which Has capability to connect exsitng IDE Drive, FloppyDisk Support, VGA Card, Printer Support(Dot-matriX). But they have new CPU and Chipset. So can i just go ahead and buy new one. OR should I need to check more details before decide.
Thanks in Adavance
!