Hi everybody!

First of all, I'm going to give you my system specs:
CPU: Intel I5 750
GPU: GeForce 550Ti 1GB
MOBO: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H
RAM: 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333 (Corsair)
Power Supply: Topower 800W
SO: Windows 7 x64
Every single driver is update and I have no issues whatsoever while using my PC normally.

THIS is my problem. I recently bought a new RAM (DDR3 4GB 1333) but a different brand: PCBox. I think it is really generic; but given that my country, Argentina, has new importation restrictions, I could not find a better brand. Whenever I try to run my PC with that RAM, it just gets into an infinite reboot loop. It doesn't display any image either. When I take off this RAM, it works just fine. The seller give me a new one when I told him about this problem, but it keeps happening even with the one (of the same brand, of course). Could it be that I'm using THREE RAM modules? Or maybe the brand is so generic that my PC refuses to use it? I don't know, I'm completly lost. :( 

PS: I've already read and tried everything in this article: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste... ... Everything is fine, exept when I install that RAM.

Thank you in advance for your help!

More about : infinite reboot loop installing ram

a b V Motherboard
November 30, 2012 9:04:03 PM

Hi

It is not clear if you PC runs with only the new 4GB DDR3 in place.
If not it seems to be incompatible with your motherboard

I presume you have 4 ram slots , check the motherboard user guide for information about which slots to use with 3 DDR 3 chips.

Gigabyte web site will have list of compatible DDR3 ram

if this fails consider exchanging the 4GB DDR3 for 2 x 2GB DDR3 ram

regards

Mike Barnes
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 12:59:31 AM

3 RAM modules are actually hindering you ...Ditch the third stick of RAM and either use 2 or 4 modules.....Like mbarnes86 said go for a 2x2GB instead of the one 4GB module that way you maintain the system in dual channel mode....Import sanctions are completely stupid...I wish I could ship you some nice sticks of RAM instead of that crap you are stuck buying....
m
l
!