Help needed to open driver for ethernet

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Ethernet Card
  • Dell
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
November 30, 2010 1:08:36 AM

i have a Dell optiplex GX270 computer with Microsoft XP operating system,service number DD68831. i went to dell.com and put in the model of the computer and got the driver for the Ethernet. i have delldriverdownloadmanager wish is recomended for this computer. i right click on the my computer and go to the update device i try the location i have the device driver but it wont let me press ok. when i find the driver to install the ok disappears and just the cancel button stay on. how do i run the driver? please help

More about : needed open driver ethernet

Anonymous
November 30, 2010 7:35:18 AM

I think I woul go to Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager. See if the network adapter in question is yellow flagged as faulty. If so try updating the driver using the options within Device Manager and see if that does the trick.
m
l
December 6, 2010 3:39:24 PM

When you navagate to the "Driver", is the driver a .exe or a .inf? If its a .exe, then you will need to unpack the driver. In device manager, right click your NIC, choose update, and navagate to where you unpacked it. You should see a .inf, which is the driver. Once it is highlighted, you should be able to click "ok".
m
l
December 6, 2010 4:30:01 PM

If the file you have is called the dell download manager, that is not the driver. That's the program that can help you download the driver. Go back to the web page and read the directions on the driver page, it will tell you how to download and install the driver.
m
l
!