Sign in with
Your question

Intel DQ45CB- slow BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
November 30, 2012 9:01:36 PM

Hey guys, got a bit of an issue with my motherboard. In terms of performance in the OS (Windows 7 x64) it's fine, but if I load the BIOS to change a setting, it renders the bios slowly. I see a blue line inch down my screen, then I see some text, and if i switch pages it does the same thing. Is this just an Intel BIOS thing? or do i have an issue? Also, I attempted to update the bios using the .exe express bios file for my board, and when it shut down and attempted to reboot, I waited several hours and it never booted, it just ran the fans on 100%. I powered down and turned it back on, checked bios, and i was on the same bios version i had before i tried to update. What gives?

More about : intel dq45cb slow bios

December 1, 2012 12:28:15 AM

If you need more info please don't hesitate to ask.
March 11, 2013 9:39:42 AM

I deal with these boards here in the school district all the time and I've never experienced this before. I do experience freezes though. Units will freeze randomly. All of them do it.

With the combination of slow rendering in the bios and bios crashing while updating, it seems you may have serious bios issues. RMA the board in my opinion.
March 12, 2013 2:01:27 AM

Barrett Abney said:
I deal with these boards here in the school district all the time and I've never experienced this before. I do experience freezes though. Units will freeze randomly. All of them do it.

With the combination of slow rendering in the bios and bios crashing while updating, it seems you may have serious bios issues. RMA the board in my opinion.

I actually fixed this a long time ago by forcing a bios update via usb. but thanks anyway. now i gotta get off this 775 platform and onto greener pastures. and by that, i mean processor, mobo, and ram upgrades :D 
!