Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Wireless keyboard do they worth it for gamer ?

Last response: in Components
January 29, 2012 6:45:07 PM

I,m thinking about playing games on my main t.v. so I'd have to get a rid of the wire. But as a PvP player I can't even accept a 10ms delay.

So nowadays can you go wireless without sacrificing performance ?
January 29, 2012 7:26:09 PM

I've never seen any noticeable delay with the wireless keyboards ive seen being used, granted i'm not sure if the same would be true if you're sitting far on the TV. I don't think there will be a problem though.
Score

Best solution

January 29, 2012 7:46:06 PM

wireless is just another barrier between you and the game. best use wired as they dont incur an performance hit, unlike a wireless keyboard that will need drivers. which take up system resorces. there is also a delay as the signal is sent...
then theres always the problem of running out of power just when you need it. nah wireless anything isnt a good idea for gamers.
Related resources
January 29, 2012 7:51:21 PM

^+1 i have to agree 100%.
wired performs very well and is reliable.
Nobody makes wireless gaming kbs = must be a reason!
Score
January 29, 2012 9:33:21 PM

I use a wireless mouse when I game but I'm 3ft from my pc.
MY HTPC are a different story and I can tell you that receiver placement is the key. If you plug it into the back of thepc you will have issues. The case is blocking the signal path. If you plug it into the front you may have issue still if theres anything metalic in the way. I used to have my htpc in the bedroom on the floor and the metal frame & springs in the matress would block the signal. I ended up rebuilding that pc into an old vcr housing which now sits on the dresser and doesn't look out of place next to the tv.
Score
January 30, 2012 12:46:20 AM

Best answer selected by venur.
Score
January 30, 2012 12:47:20 AM

thanks everyone I might just end buying some USB cable extension because the idea of an eyefinity set-up with 3x 42" t.v. please me a lot.
Score
January 30, 2012 1:15:11 AM

venur said:
thanks everyone I might just end buying some USB cable extension because the idea of an eyefinity set-up with 3x 42" t.v. please me a lot.

Works fine,one of my buds does that.
Score
January 30, 2012 8:13:55 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!