Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] RAID utility does not show P7P55D Premium

Last response: in Motherboards
November 30, 2012 9:38:10 PM

Greetings, I am trying to set up raid, using Cavalier Black 6gb HDs, on a P7P55D Premium MB. To little avail but with much effort and time, I contacted Asus, was advised to and did up date the bios. The Marvell Controller will not post with Ctrl + M.
Do you have any advise? Thanks.
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 558 V Motherboard
November 30, 2012 10:08:31 PM

You can try connecting them to the Intel SATA ports, SATA set to RAID.
No RAID for Marvell.
m
l
November 30, 2012 11:50:18 PM

PREACHER821 said:
Greetings, I am trying to set up raid, using Cavalier Black 6gb HDs, on a P7P55D Premium MB. To little avail but with much effort and time, I contacted Asus, was advised to and did up date the bios. The Marvell Controller will not post with Ctrl + M.
Do you have any advise? Thanks.

I have the PRO version of that board.
I tried the same thing when i first got my board, i found i could set the Bios to enable the Marvell controller Boot ROM option and i could setup the RAID array using BIOS, but i could not set the array to be bootable.

I never got past that, but others here had told me if i would have exited at that point and then booted with the Win 7 DVD it would have found the drive and made the RAID array bootable once it loaded Win 7 on it.
I never tried it as i had already installed without RAID at that point.
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2012 9:39:24 PM

Rainey said:
I have the PRO version of that board.
I tried the same thing when i first got my board, i found i could set the Bios to enable the Marvell controller Boot ROM option and i could setup the RAID array using BIOS, but i could not set the array to be bootable.

I never got past that, but others here had told me if i would have exited at that point and then booted with the Win 7 DVD it would have found the drive and made the RAID array bootable once it loaded Win 7 on it.
I never tried it as i had already installed without RAID at that point.

Thank for the input. I went into the BIOS to do the same, but I could not find any settings to address this. The MOBO is good but the Bios is the worst compared to the Asus Deluxe & Premium. One poster said there is nor raid for Marvell ??
m
l
December 3, 2012 4:58:33 PM

alexoiu said:
You can try connecting them to the Intel SATA ports, SATA set to RAID.
No RAID for Marvell.

If I do this, will I get the 6gb speed? " No RAID for Marvel", I have heard this before, do you mean none at all or just on this MOBO? I called Asus, they indicated that Marvell was on the MOBO. I watched Utube, for this issue. Gigabyte has Marvell Raid? Please get back.
m
l
December 11, 2012 7:02:32 PM

Thanks for the input. Have a blessed day.
m
l
!