Help comparing these 2 ASUS' boards please. :)

cloud kingdom

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Okay.. So.. I am going to upgrade my PC, first things first.. Mobo..

I havn't been in the game for years and years. Recently, GW2 came out.. That is about the highest expectations this rig is gonna meet for a long, long time.

What components I want to hook my mobo up with, doesn't really matter. The only thing I find slightly complicated these days, is all these new, lush features and "names" on the mobo's.

I wanna go with a P8Z77 series board.. I have like.. 2 choices..
This:

ASUS P8Z77-V LK - ATX LGA1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

Or a:

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO - ATX LGA1155
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131833

Now you see.. I understand the basics of these boards, and I just want to be able to one day slap another GPU onto it and run me some CrossFire.. I also wanna fit a big *** Noctua cooler onto it. Yet it seems like the dim slots are just about right, for putting any blow-fan onto it without sacrificing half a dim bank.. I have acquired 2x8 Vengeance 1600 mhz0rx.

SO the thing is.. Guys.. Pros and cons on these boards? Personal experiences? Is the better space on the LK version REALLY nice to have? Does it lack anything that the M-PRO edition has? (Since it's dubbed PRO?) I am baffled, cause I can't really decode all the stuff on ASUS' website, so any help would be appreciated. I would like the bigger form factor, it just seems nicer.. But if the M PRO actually has something I will benefit a lot from in my daily gaming use or such.. I'll go with that..

I'd rather have the plain "V" edition.. But you see, I havn't got that cash.. Here in Denmark, the above 2 boards goes for the same price, around 12 dollars difference from the V LK to the M PRO.

Thanks again!

Cloud Kingdom.

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Unless you need the eSATA connectors I would go with the ASUS P8Z77-V LK, I have always been a fan of the ATX form factor, MICRO ATX just seems to crowded. With the vlk you get the two extra two PCI slots, plus an extra PCIe slot.

cloud kingdom

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Duely noted, and agreed upon. Thanks for your input!

Yeah, I was just looking at the Maximus V GENE, it's so slick. But the small form factor again makes such a big deal I cannot make my mind up. So crammed up. And ATX just looks better in regular housing. When I look at the M PRO and V GENE, despite their great capabilities, it feels as is I'm planning on building a small Media Center. Dear Lord, gosh. These decisions..