ICS Networking question

Garraty24

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
I have a USB wireless adaptor connected to my computer to access my internet. I want to use ICS to connect a ethernet cable between my computer and another computer to allow it internet access as well.
I have read a ton of tutorials on how to do this and can not get it to work. I have read about setting up a network and ICS and I think I have the host computer configured correctly but I can never get the second computer to connect. It says it has a 100mb ps but no internet access.
Could someone please tell me how to configure the networks to work. I know it has something to do with the IP address and such. I understand only the basics from the tutorials I have read but I am having a hard time understanding setting up networks to work.
Also could ICS work on a router? I want to share the wireless connection like I would with a second computer but run it into a router instead. Does anyone know if this would work?

The fact you have a wireless connection to the Internet suggests you already have a wireless router. If that’s the case, you don’t need ICS. ICS is a “routed bridge”, when in fact you only need a “bridge” (your wireless router is already managing routing).

Disable ICS if you have it enabled. And set the wired network connection back to its defaults (e.g., DHCP). Now go to Network Connections (type “ncpa.cpl” at any command prompt and hit enter), select both the wired and wireless connections, right click, and select Bridge Connections. You’re done.