How much more efficient will the gold label bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The difference between80+ and 80+Gold is 10% at 50% load
Picture0019.png

Would equate to quite a bit more than 10 watts when a system like amuffin's is under load.

are you serious..... :heink: Then what is the point of gold labled psu's costing much more than an 80 plus bronze psu?

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
There is another benefit from the gold rated psu's. Inefficiency is turned to heat. Heat is something that you don't want in your computer. Less heat also means the cooling system doesn't have to work as hard to cool your computer, so there is also a secondary efficiency, and less wear and tear on your components due to less heat generation.

Well I am thinking of switching over to a gold psu because it could lower the electricity bill...I guess that isn't really the case :lol:

Not by enough to be noticeable.
Best reason is the one tk laid out, cooler components last longer

The other one was a rocketfish 700w psu which gave out like 3 days ago :( Is there a good psu that is cheap that can power an i5-2500k and a radeon 5450? It'd be nice if it was modular...

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
saving depends on load
a 1000w 80+t will use ~1042w at full efficiency (if output is 1000w)
a 1000w 80++ will use 1250w at full efficiency (if output is 1000w)
thats equals to ~200w of savings per hour (equals ~10 tubelight of 20w)
runing these machiene for 10hours a day will make a difference of 2000w of power
if rate of electricity is X$ per unit (1kwh) then you will save 2X$ per day, equals 730X$ per year
if rate(X) is 25cents per unit then it will equals 182.5$ of savings per year

Status
Not open for further replies.