Sign in with
Your question

Bios Update

Last response: in Motherboards
December 1, 2012 7:49:14 AM

Hello,
I have a foxconn p4m800p board and have upgraded he processor to an intel Q6600. It works really well but will freeze up once or twice a day, I get a message that my bios needs updating but I have updated to the current version. Anyone know what else could be causing this.
Regards
Tom

More about : bios update

a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 7:53:40 AM

I am not sure that this board was designed to work with Core 2 family. What gives you a message about updating the bios?
a c 83 V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 7:59:17 AM

From what I can find that chipset never supported the core 2 quads only core 2 duos.
Related resources
December 1, 2012 8:01:29 AM

Bejusek said:
I am not sure that this board was designed to work with Core 2 family. What gives you a message about updating the bios?

I get a message from the action center, I checked on the foxconn site and the Q6600 is listed as supported
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 8:04:28 AM

Improper ram combination, voltage issues, improper processor placement

Try resetting the bios settings

Also monitor the temperature. in general it should be between 35 to 55 degrees Celsius.

This may sound stupid but you did apply thermal paste while installing the new CPU right?

Try checking or replugging the CPU power connector.
a b V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 8:04:31 AM

tom747 said:
I get a message from the action center, I checked on the foxconn site and the Q6600 is listed as supported

From what I've seen no mainboard on p4m800 pro supports Core 2 Quads.
a c 83 V Motherboard
December 1, 2012 8:19:44 AM

Do you have a link to where it says the q6600 is supported the 5 boards I can find from Foxconn with that chipset make no mention of any core 2 support.
December 1, 2012 9:33:40 AM

You should of checked if the board, and its fsb speed was right for the new Cpu first.
You should of also checked if the board could handel the wattage of the new cpu via the cpu socket. I see no mention of a Q6600 being supported by the board.
!