Hello,

I have to deploy Windows XP pro to 100+ PCs. I would like to deploy all the
patches when I deploy the operating system. Is this possible or do I have
use something like SUS after I have deployed Windows XP Pro?

Thanks in advance for your help.

helpme .thank you

| "CMonsite" <CMonsite@discussions.microsoft.com>
| wrote news:3F373EAB-E9D3-4049-9742-A04A77B7FF63@microsoft.com
| I have to deploy Windows XP pro to 100+ PCs. I would like to
| deploy all the patches when I deploy the operating system. Is
| this possible or do I have use something like SUS after I have
| deployed Windows XP Pro?

Microsoft Windows Corporate Deployment Tools User's Guide
(deploy.chm) has a help topic titled "Preinstalling Hotfixes"
that describes the procedure.

You can find deploy.chm in the Support\Tools\deploy.cab on the
Windows XP Professional CD (same folder on the Windows 2000 CD,
and as one of the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools). You
can use Windows Explorer or you can run the Extract.exe command
to extract and view the Deploy.chm file.

For some information about deploying Windows XP, see the
following Microsoft Documentation:

TechNet Home | Products & Technologies | Desktop Operating
Systems | Windows XP Professional | Deploy
Deploying Windows XP Part II: Implementing
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/deploy/depovg/depxpii.mspx

To download the Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit
Tools visit the following Web Page:

Microsoft Download Center: Download details
Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

And you can find peer-to-peer support for Windows XP: Setup and
Deployment issues/technologies in the following newsgroup:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
AKA - Windows XP: Setup and Deployment

The following page has links you can click to access the
newsgroup with your Web browser, or with a Network News Transfer
Protocol (NNTP)-based newsreader such as Outlook Express.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Management Technologies Newsgroups
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/newsgroups/management/default.mspx