Phenom x6 1055t vs AMD FX-6100 6-Core Processor

Bumbithaman

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Can anyone help me? wich of this 2 cpus is best for gaming ,for my new gaming rig :)

phenom x6 1055t vs AMD FX-6100 6-Core Processor

Bumbithaman

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

How come you would never buy one? , I am new to this computer building , just know that i have to replace my amd anthlon x2 6000+ with something new... and my motherboard is from 2003....

Bumbithaman

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012

Intel® Core i5-2310 Processor Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 2.9Ghz, 6MB, 95W what do you say about that one? would i be avaible to play bf3 with it and not lagg etc? looking for the best gaming i can get for about 1400 SEK , I am from sweden :)

Because it doesn't perform that great. It runs slow and hot and for the 8150 it's overpriced. It gets beaten out by the old Phenom II and Athelon II which is pretty pathetic. The 4,6,8 core Bulldozer even gets beaten out by Intels dual core I3. The Bulldozer is a joke they had been developing it for years and it can't even beat out the older class processors like the PhenomII and Athelon.

The FX series are slow per clock, meaning that a FX 3Ghz CPU may give the same performance of a Phenom II 2.7Ghz CPU. Right now, per clock, Intel's CPU are about 50% better be clock, meaning an Intel SB CPU at 1Ghz is about what a Phenom II CPU is @ 1.5Ghz.

That is a fine CPU, but do you plan on doing CF/SLI or overclocking? Because that CPU cannot be overclocked and runs bellow 3Ghz, I would suggest the core i5 2400/2500 for gaming.

that processor is great but just remember to spend at least as much on your gpu as you do on a cpu in a gaming computer. I'd even suggest spending 2x as much on a gpu as a cpu to get the most balance gaming machine for your money. Of course other factors like upgrading and different cpu perfermance can change that.

e56imfg

Distinguished
You could also go for a i3 2100 or 2120 - it's cheaper and can out perform any AMD CPU. The i3 has hyper-threading so it has 2 cores, 4 threads (threads are not the same as a core). I would go for a i3 and pay for a 560 Ti or something.

Bumbithaman

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
I see , thanks for everything lads! but thinking of waiting to the summer , ill be taking the exam soon , and start working hopefully so much buy a computer from www.komplett.se , one for about 9.6k :) I7 and 560TI and everything , even ssd disk

I would really suggest putting it together yourself. It is much cheaper than buying from some online store. Plus you get more experience with the hardware and computer in general. :)

glenl

Honorable
Oct 7, 2012
i really hate intel fans just slate down amd cuz they think intel got the best processor in the world at doing everything....i buld gaming rigs and repair pcs the truth of it is yes intel has some gr8 processor on the market and then out benchmark amd in allot of areas however amd image processing compeard to intel wins iv done hours and hours of reserch and intels fantastic and processing application, laurching, tranfering data ect ect and amd is fantastic with image processing....right down to it simple facts no opinions the fx has 11 fps more then the phenton whilst gaming,,,,,,,,,,,,the end,,,,,sorry guys but should really ignor ppls opions and just look at solid facts and remember benchmarking isent always right sometimes different mobos are used and different setups.

My 1100T at stock 3.3ghz was beating my friends fx6200 at 3.8ghz in nearly everything, And I have an HD5850 he has a GTX560ti, Of course my 5850 is modded with 5870 bios for more volts to OC it high. But it is pathetic that the bulldozer series can't compare to the older Phenom II's, Phenom II wouldn't lose to an i3, but the bulldozer does. I like AMD, but this time they just put a bad taste in my mouth. Piledriver better do better or I will more then likely switch to Intel.