Display driver problems

lonewolf6972

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I've been having issues with my computer since I built it. While watching videos online sometimes the video will go green and I will get a message from Windows saying the display driver has crashed and recovered. However, resetting the computer is the only way I can get videos to play again. I'll post the specs and list what I've done to try to correct he issue.

Gigabyte 890fxa-ud7 board
AMD 955 cpu
Sapphire hd5770 graphics card
older sceptre lcd monitor
Windows 7 operating system

I've update to the newest graphics card drivers. I've searched for similar problems but can't seem to find anything that fits. I'm asking you guys because I've been able to find answers to most any problem just by searching these forums. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Disable Hardware Acceleration in the Video Program you are using to view online Video and the problem will likely go away. There is a known issue in some Video Players that has not been resolved and at this point this is the only known workaround.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Disable Hardware Acceleration in the Video Program you are using to view online Video and the problem will likely go away. There is a known issue in some Video Players that has not been resolved and at this point this is the only known workaround.

Solution